DIY Bike and Trike Plans

All Blog Entries

1. front suspension

Hi everyone

Can anyone give me a good reason why I cannot use suspension fork in replacement of normal setup for a Trike .

I was thinking of just using a standard bike forks setting them up with the 80 degree caster and there you have it front suspension …. But maybe I am missing something.

It may not look as good but beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Something like this [IMG][/IMG] ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. I am a Newbee- where to begin building ?

I am a newbee here. I have 12 bikes I saved from the landfill dump. I like the trikes. But can not download plans. How can I get plans without downloading. I have no printer ! Thanks
  3. Another 20" wheeled e-trike

Hi Folks .

I might have been quiet of late but another trike has come out of the garage .

Any similarities to anything else is purely coincidental or even incidental .

The past few months have been a mixture of car repairs , a new caravan ( and sorting it out ) , lots of triking holidays ,day rides and some home refurbishment , we still have a lot to do before I can spend more time building as we are trying to do more triking before the weather ...
    Tags: e-trike, emma Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. senior citizen trike project

Senior Citizen Trike
    Project
    by Mr Idaho

Criteria

1. A Delta style, easier to get on and off. 3 wheels for stability
    2. 4 x 26 rear wheels = appearance and smoother ride
    3. a 20 inch front wheel = appearance
    4. Low center of gravity
    5. Comfortable recumbent style seat
    6. Freewheel differential = lower cost than a purchased unit Differential will eliminate any tendency to drift left or right on gravel. The fat tires would
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 3 years in the life of a zombie Krew member

Hi Folks

It has been 3 interesting years since I joined Atomic Zombie and to be honest I feel I have come a long way in that time , after buying a second hand Trex trike in March 13 I found AZ .

The trex was not a nice trike to ride at speeds over 15 mph and TBH it frightened me .
    If l had not found AZ then my triking experience would not have lasted more than a few weeks .

It has been a long and eventful journey since then in developing the