DIY Bike and Trike Plans

All Blog Entries

1. different size wheels

Can anyone tell me why most of the recumbents, and low racers use different size wheels (e.g. 20" front, 26" rear)
    Tags: wheel size Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Shipping costs really ruin my online shopping exerience!

I stopped by a local shop today to see if they carried the tie rod ends for the steering linkage. Turns out they had only one left in the 3/8" size I was after but could have the other one in tomorrow. So I bought it, it was $18.06 after taxes. When I got home, I snooped around online to see how much these things go for online...turns out that the prices for them isn't all that bad-if you lived in the US, where the shipping isn't too bad-but ship to Canada, then it quickly becomes stupid..lol. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. hub motor vs mid drive

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    I would like to thank all those who answered my plea for help. The responses raised things I would not have thought about.

I should tell you a bit about myself.
    As a grandfather of 7 with a serious balance issue, I am not in to extreme sports and my needs are rather humble.
    I am building what is essentially a Timber wolf recumbent delta trike. Typically my excursions are in the 5-10 km range to run errands. Occasionally I get on the Trans Canada Trail and do a 40-50 km
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. lost in the shop

[QUOTE=LongRider;96953]Usually we can't read minds so posting a question WILL help to get you answers.
    Welcome, tell us a little about yourself. We are a friendly, helpful bunch.]

Sorry, may have jumped the gun, posted on warrior site, (I think) & dates were over a yr old.

I'm building my 1st trike from scratch, about to configure front axle, had some questions about caster, camber & ackermann, think I've got enough information to continue, if this works ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Project 1 - Light / Bottle Mount

Hi Folks,
    Not much progress here because I am waiting for the UK weather to warm up so that I can strip down the frame and paint it. So frustrating ….. But I have had a chance to get a few miles on the clock just to be sure I do not need to change anything.

So I've made a bracket for the front light / water bottle from some scrap handle bar off a donor bike.

Tags: street fox Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized