DIY Bike and Trike Plans

All Blog Entries

1. Project 1 : First Fox Test Flight

Hi Folks,

Well I assembled my Foxy enough to allow its first test flight.

I have to say, having never ridden one of these before, so I did not know exactly what to expect. Wow ! This is so much fun.

Up until now I have been an off road mountain biker, ever seeking that rush of downhill forest trails. Living in the flatlands of East Anglia, UK. These are few and far between. Now I can get the same rush from country roads on my home built Foxy.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Project 1 : Fox Chain and Chain Management

Hi Folks,

Fitting the chain and chain management is the next stage, so I have been reading the AZ forums, looking at other’s photographs; even posted some comments and received excellent feedback from the AZ community (thanks all).

I have decided to go with the two idler (pulley wheel) approach. One will be mounted just behind the cross boom, with the other mounted behind the seat.

I mocked
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Project 1 : Fox Bottom Bracket

Hi Folks,

Bottom Bracket mounting today and if I get time later, maybe the seat mounts.

The BB came from an old mountain bike, screw in cartridge type. Left-hand thread on the right-hand side and a plastic mount cup on the left. Stripped down there are some hole where the MB frame used to be these I will have to fill somehow.

So I made a plate I intend to weld on to cover some of the first
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Project 1 : Fox Ackermann Steering

Hi Folks,

This blog entry is related to the Ackermann Steering setup. First I had to make the tie rod mounting tabs and the tie rod itself. I should say that I am following the plans for this Fox build (being my first ) . So cut the steel tabs and began to fabricate the parts.

The rod ends are from a Karting parts supplier on E-Bay.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. And now it's time to start again YAAAY :-)

Sadly my first ever build the 3 wheel WARRIOR Tadpole has been killed.

Taken out by a car coming out of a driveway not looking my way, took me square on the front Right wheel of my tadpole.

At first damage didn't seem too bad maybe both front axles bent. NO WELDS Fractured. go the amatuer welder

But no.. The axles being made of Stainless were dead straight. the frame has been twisted (Sigh) no way to fix that. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized