DIY Bike and Trike Plans

All Blog Entries

1. Project 1 : Fox Brake Arms - Part 1

Hi Folks,

I have moved on from the Street Fox steering conundrum to the next part of my build, the front brakes. The brake support arms and then the Ackermann steering.

Here I have the brakes arms cut to size.

Capped off the end and checking the clearance distance from the tyre.

Tack welding in place to check ...
    Tags: street fox Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Project 1 : Fox Steering - The hard bit ! - Part 3

Hi Folks,

Well I am nearly at the end of this section of my build ……. This part was a bit tricky and I hope that my calculation (and welding) are correct.

King Pin Steering tack welded, together with the shock mounting behind the seat back rest. Final checks before I commited to proper welds.

Shock mounting tabs made from donor ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Project 1 : Fox Steering - The hard bit ! - Part 2

Hi Folks,

After a bit of work with a half round file and flap disc I have both fish mouths cut. So time to mount the boom to the main frame.

The first basic assembly in order to check the angles and alignment.

Something is not right with the right-hand ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Project 1 : Fox Steering - The hard bit ! - Part 1

Hi Folks,

Well I have been moving on …. but slowly. This is by far the hardest part so far to get right. The King Pin steering angles and mounting.

I read some post in other forums and got some direction and good advice from other members (Thanks Emma). Then spent some time on the PC to try to come up with a plan.

To get an angles correct when looking down the trike frame ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Warrior derailleur

I am near completion of my Warrior. There seems to be no mention of the rear derailleur bracket in the directions. The photos indicate such a bracket. Can anyone help me?
    Categories
    Uncategorized