DIY Bike and Trike Plans

• Making a pair of homemade tadpole trike mudguards using sink waste pipe

http://www.atomiczombie.com/newslett...e2/figure5.jpg
    A bike builder shares her innovative solution
    BY EMMA WHEATLAND (AKA TWINKLE)

Riding a bike in the rain and sleet isn't fun when you're constantly showered with spray from the tires. Emma Wheatland discovered that finding mudguards for her homebuilt recumbent trike wasn't possible. So, in true build-it-yourself spirit, Wheatland figured out how to design and fabricate guards for her trike out of plastic pipes commonly used in plumbing. She shares details of the project and some of the challenges she faced along the way. The results are stunning. Read more>>
    Comments 1 Comment
      Doc. -
      Nice job.
      Another option for PVC forming is to pop it in an oven at around 70°C for 5-6 minutes, it will then be very flexible, and can easily be 'draped' over (or into) any former.
      Best to sit it on a flat (upside down) baking tray, so it's easier to handle, the hot tray also keeps the heat in the PVC for longer while you transfer it from the oven to the former.

I prefer this method to using a heat gun, the PVC is heated uniformly, and there's no chance of over-heating it.
  • Recent Forum Posts

stormbird

Re: Welding injuries to eyes

Do some research

IIRC ALL welding helmets have a UV filter that stops arc eye whether the auto darkening works or not.

I understand

stormbird Today, 09:17 AM Go to last post
    FrankCrank

Re: Tour-ettes trike syndrome.

....I must say, that looks too good to be going to the knackers yard......

FrankCrank Yesterday, 08:53 PM Go to last post
    FrankCrank

....I did experience arc-eye many years back, on a few occasions, and it's not a pleasant thing at all. I use a flip mask for all my TIG welding, and

FrankCrank Yesterday, 08:50 PM Go to last post
    darnthedog

First off- Welding will still burn your eyes if your not careful. Best advice I can give is use a Name brand Helmet Lincoln or Miller make great helmets.

darnthedog Yesterday, 08:01 PM Go to last post
  • AZTV videos

bike building tutorials

More AZTV videos here.