DIY Bike and Trike Plans

• Gravity Bike racer - England, UK

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0FcE4Hoos1...ebee_gb_ii.jpg
    John "Doc" Warner shares some photos of his modified bicycle for Gravity Bike competitions. Named "Hee-Bee GB II", Doc built the gravity bike for a competition this past May.

What is a gravity bike?

A modified bicycle with a frame that's low to the ground to reduce wind resistance and the center of gravity. It has narrow handlebars, no pedals or chains, front and back disc brakes, knee rests and long foot pegs so the rider stretches out horizontally.

The goal is to descend steep downhill courses to reach insane speeds, often exceeding 90mph. This extreme sport has been gaining popularity worldwide for more than three decades and Gravity Bike races are held around the world.

Competitors wear helmets (some races require full-face), leathers, speed suits, gloves, footwear, and elbow and knee pads. According to Doc, "It's a great sport, very cheap (to build and compete), fantastic fun, and very accessible to all abilities and ages. Perfect for DIY/home-builders. You can build a competitive bike for around £60/$100 (but) you can, of course, spend less, or much more.

"This is my first Gravity Bike build. I made it earlier this year to enter the 2014 Penn House Gravity GP and finished second overall (Streamlined Buggy beat me by just over a second)."

See more pictures of Doc's Gravity Bike in the builders gallery.
  • Recent Forum Posts

Andy4639

Re: South Carolina

Ok I guess someone got my pictures working for me so thanks to whoever did.

Andy4639 Today, 07:13 PM Go to last post
    Andy4639

Re: Schwinn StingRay

Ok thanks, hopefully I can come up with something before that but keep me updated. I'm just getting back into the bike thing but so far I'm enjoying it.

Andy4639 Today, 07:10 PM Go to last post
    darnthedog

Depressed- Discourage-feeling really down

I was being a overly nice guy and it has bit me in the backside in a major way regarding this hobby.

Last year I fell for a gal. And allowed

darnthedog Today, 06:57 PM Go to last post
    DannyC

Re: Tour-ettes trike syndrome.

Hi Pegasus, yes I understand that the heating approach works well if you have the equipment and can do it safely without burning the place down ;-)

DannyC Today, 12:03 PM Go to last post
  • AZTV videos

bike building tutorials

More AZTV videos here.