DIY Bike and Trike Plans

• Building a Front Wheel Drive recumbent lowracer - England

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dnI1OQUZ4N.../s1600/ian.jpg
    Ian W. Swindells (forum member swizz69) always wanted a recumbent bicycle. Researching online brought him to the AtomicZombie builders forum. After learning about the Warrior Tadpole Trike, Swindells was motivated to design and build a Front Wheel Drive recumbent lowracer. In a feature article for the AZ newsletter, Swindells discusses the project and the challenges along the way. Read his story>>
    Comments 3 Comments
      The Cat -
      Have you seen the pedal-powered Escargot boat that could be used as a narrow canal boat? Think it is from an American boat builder. I may have copied the article sometime last year or the year before this would be a project a family could tackle. Over the weekend I may have a change to look for the article and post on forum.
      jrich -
      Did the turning wheel cause trouble with the drive chain and the chain bending?
      darnthedog -
      Quote Originally Posted by jrich View Post
      Did the turning wheel cause trouble with the drive chain and the chain bending?
      This article was frolm 2 years ago and you may not get a responce. Plus it was an article not a posting so it may not have been a member of the site. Just an FYI
  • Recent Forum Posts

stormbird

Re: Tour-ettes trike syndrome.

Dan

If you use the Direct link and paste that into your posts no one has to click on your pictures to get them big enough to

stormbird Today, 10:08 AM Go to last post
    DannyC

Today's progress?

Today was make the steerer tabs and insert them into the steerer arms day. Yippee!

The tabs are 3mm bar and

DannyC Today, 10:00 AM Go to last post
    stormbird

My lips are sealed ......

Hey but I'm typing so I can say what I want .....

stormbird Today, 07:06 AM Go to last post
    stormbird

Re: Calling trike owners with suspended rears ???

Ok time to revisit this with fresh ideas ?

Another camping holiday in Holland over and talk again of cycle camping without trailers.

stormbird Today, 07:03 AM Go to last post
  • AZTV videos

bike building tutorials

More AZTV videos here.