DIY Bike and Trike Plans

• Wheel Bearing Service Bicycle Repair Tutorial

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GY237Fs26X...igure%2B45.jpg
    Learn to lubricate and setup your cup and cone wheel bearings. Keep your DIY recumbent bike running like clockwork. This tutorial includes 45 high resolution photos and 9 high definition videos.

Although most of your bicycle pedaling efforts will be thrown to the wind (literally), some of your energy will be eating up by friction from moving parts such as bearings, chain links, and even the compression of the tires on the road.

Bearing friction does not account for much of your power loss as long as your bearings are in good working order and properly lubricated. This basic tutorial will show you how to remove, clean, reinstall, and then set the clearance on your bicycle hub bearings for optimal performance. Here, I will be using a 20 inch BMX from wheel with a 14mm axle, but this tutorial can be applied to any front or rear bicycle wheel that uses the very common cone and cup style bearings.

Read more>>http://www.atomiczombie.com/Tutorial...0Page%201.aspx
    Comments 1 Comment
      darnthedog -
      Thanks for the new tutorial Brad and Kat- Looks great.
  • Recent Forum Posts

sandman

Re: Welding injuries to eyes

You dont say what helmet style you have, if it a variable shade self darkening one then as Em says start dark until your happy, also wind up the bright

sandman Today, 04:17 PM Go to last post
    pegasus

Re: Fantasy solar bike

I have never riden a electric bike, but contemplating joining the dark side next year.

So start from the basic, there is two type of motors,

pegasus Today, 03:47 PM Go to last post
    pegasus

Fantasy solar bike

There is a bike race for solar powered bicycles in 2018.

The race is from Lyon in France to Canton in China a distance of about 12000 km

pegasus Today, 03:28 PM Go to last post
    pegasus

Re: Phyton Trike Project

My first attempt of making the front frame failed.

I was low on tube, only about 25mm extra on each side, and I tried to start from the pivot

pegasus Today, 03:03 PM Go to last post
  • AZTV videos

bike building tutorials

More AZTV videos here.