DIY Bike and Trike Plans

• Wheel Bearing Service Bicycle Repair Tutorial

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GY237Fs26X...igure%2B45.jpg
    Learn to lubricate and setup your cup and cone wheel bearings. Keep your DIY recumbent bike running like clockwork. This tutorial includes 45 high resolution photos and 9 high definition videos.

Although most of your bicycle pedaling efforts will be thrown to the wind (literally), some of your energy will be eating up by friction from moving parts such as bearings, chain links, and even the compression of the tires on the road.

Bearing friction does not account for much of your power loss as long as your bearings are in good working order and properly lubricated. This basic tutorial will show you how to remove, clean, reinstall, and then set the clearance on your bicycle hub bearings for optimal performance. Here, I will be using a 20 inch BMX from wheel with a 14mm axle, but this tutorial can be applied to any front or rear bicycle wheel that uses the very common cone and cup style bearings.

Read more>>http://www.atomiczombie.com/Tutorial...0Page%201.aspx
    Comments 1 Comment
      darnthedog -
      Thanks for the new tutorial Brad and Kat- Looks great.
  • Recent Forum Posts

edspedalcars

Re: Cheers from Sweden.

Welcome from sunny California

Look forward to what you may be building.

We subscribe to 3 types of 6 packs, here.

edspedalcars Today, 12:17 AM Go to last post
    Radical Brad

Thanks for joining the fun!
    Good luck on your builds.

Brad

Radical Brad Yesterday, 06:30 PM Go to last post
    Becdave981

Re: Rowing bike anatomy and engineering challenges [ problems ! ]

I like your ideas of a rowing bike. The scull which is a rowing boat is effecient and a good workout because when the seat moves it allows each stroke

Becdave981 Yesterday, 04:39 PM Go to last post
    darnthedog

Welcome from nearly the other side of the globe. We are a mixed bag a welcome all experiences. I love my tig even though I am very inexperienced

darnthedog Yesterday, 12:31 AM Go to last post
  • AZTV videos

bike building tutorials

More AZTV videos here.