DIY Bike and Trike Plans

• Wheel Bearing Service Bicycle Repair Tutorial

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GY237Fs26X...igure%2B45.jpg
    Learn to lubricate and setup your cup and cone wheel bearings. Keep your DIY recumbent bike running like clockwork. This tutorial includes 45 high resolution photos and 9 high definition videos.

Although most of your bicycle pedaling efforts will be thrown to the wind (literally), some of your energy will be eating up by friction from moving parts such as bearings, chain links, and even the compression of the tires on the road.

Bearing friction does not account for much of your power loss as long as your bearings are in good working order and properly lubricated. This basic tutorial will show you how to remove, clean, reinstall, and then set the clearance on your bicycle hub bearings for optimal performance. Here, I will be using a 20 inch BMX from wheel with a 14mm axle, but this tutorial can be applied to any front or rear bicycle wheel that uses the very common cone and cup style bearings.

Read more>>http://www.atomiczombie.com/Tutorial...0Page%201.aspx
    Comments 1 Comment
      darnthedog -
      Thanks for the new tutorial Brad and Kat- Looks great.
  • Recent Forum Posts

wiskyfog

Re: Project X , emma's folding e-trike

Been in Arizona two years now, no surface rust here EVER!!

wiskyfog Yesterday, 07:07 PM Go to last post
    bambuko

Re: Started my build, a few pics

few links to pics... rather than few pics
    I for one can't be arsed to open links - what's wrong with putting pics into the text like everybody else?

bambuko Yesterday, 11:27 AM Go to last post
    Twinkle

Hi Folks

Sun was shining today and I found a spare 90 minutes lurking in the workshop , sitting alongside the trike , sadly it

Twinkle Yesterday, 07:59 AM Go to last post
    Twinkle

Dtd , The photos will come soon , famous last words, but disassembly instructions are simple , two bolts remove the seat , one bolt unlocks the hinge

Twinkle Yesterday, 02:55 AM Go to last post
  • AZTV videos

bike building tutorials

More AZTV videos here.