DIY Bike and Trike Plans

• Three Go Dutch: The Trike Touring Tale of a Touring "Noob" - Part 1

http://www.atomiczombie.com/newslett...%2012/fig1.jpg
    Left to Right, Danny Clarke, John Price, Paul Needham.

By Danny Clarke, AtomicZombie builders forum

This "trip report" cannot truly convey the sheer fun that I had on this my first ever cycling tour in the wonderful cycling heaven that is Holland.

It had been casually mooted between us (John Price (Sandman) and me (DannyC)) in conversation during the 2015 Zombie-Fest that we could be brave and take our home-made trikes across to Holland for a long-weekend for some fun in the world's most bike-friendly country which seemed like a good idea, so we made plans accordingly.

As the due date got closer and word of our intention spread to more northern reaches of the UK (where men wear flat-caps and keep racing pigeons and small racing dogs), a third AZ member, Paul Needham, (Stormbird) enquired whether there was any room for an additional person to join the party. Hardly had the word “Yes” been uttered when a follow-up question, "Wouldn't it be better to go for longer to make the most of all the costs involved?" arose.

Subsequently, I found myself explaining to my wife that what I had sold to her as a "long-weekend" was now an eight-day adventure.

Read more>>

Comments 5 Comments
      DannyC -
      I can't get to the article on the link Kat.
      Can anyone else?
      bambuko -
      yes, works OK
      Twinkle -
      Both work
      Regards Emma
      darnthedog -
      Great write up Danny- I had no issue linking to it from this post.
      sandman -
      its scary to see it was so long ago, must be time I head out that way again, but first a paragliding trip in Turkey then Croatia, then lets see what happens.
      Touring on a trike with friends is probably the best experience one can have
  • Recent Forum Posts

DannyC

Re: Welding injuries to eyes

As long as the mask is down when you start to weld you CANNOT burn your corneas (which is what you did before).
    Even if the batteries are dead in

DannyC Today, 03:47 PM Go to last post
    Radical Brad

Re: Welding injuries to eyes

I can attest to the amount of pain your were in!
    Getting the "flash" can happen from a reflection as well, so don't wear a light colored

Radical Brad Yesterday, 08:39 PM Go to last post
    stormbird

Re: Phyton Trike Project

Go here :- http://archive.org/search.php?query=edgar%20k.%20atkins

Download all the free bike plans.

Look through them and

stormbird Yesterday, 06:39 PM Go to last post
    Twinkle

Re: Fantasy solar bike

look at bmsbattery.com , tax about 15% on import.

mid drives have more flexibility but if you break the chain you walk home , if you use

Twinkle Yesterday, 05:21 PM Go to last post
  • AZTV videos

bike building tutorials

More AZTV videos here.