DIY Bike and Trike Plans

Thread: Three Go Dutch: The Trike Touring Tale of a Touring "Noob"

Threaded View

Blog Entries
    Images

Default Three Go Dutch: The Trike Touring Tale of a Touring "Noob"

By Danny Clarke, AtomicZombie builders forum

This "trip report" cannot truly convey the sheer fun that I had on this my first ever cycling tour in the wonderful cycling heaven that is Holland.

It had been casually mooted between us (John Price (Sandman) and me (DannyC)) in conversation during the 2015 Zombie-Fest that we could be brave and take our home-made trikes across to Holland for a long-weekend for some fun in the world's most bike-friendly country which seemed like a good idea, so we made plans accordingly.

As the due date got closer and word of our intention spread to more northern reaches of the UK (where men wear flat-caps and keep racing pigeons and small racing dogs), a third AZ member, Paul Needham, (Stormbird) enquired whether there was any room for an additional person to join the party. Hardly had the word “Yes” been uttered when a follow-up question, "Wouldn't it be better to go for longer to make the most of all the costs involved?" arose.

Subsequently, I found myself explaining to my wife that what I had sold to her as a "long-weekend" was now an eight-day adventure.

Read more>>
    Last edited by KoolKat; 02-12-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets.
    So, love the people who treat you right and forget about the ones who don't.
    And, believe that everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance - take it.
    If it changes your life - let it.
    Nobody said that it would be easy.
    They just promised it would be worth it.

Bike building tutorials
    AZ Facebook Page
    Atomic Zombie blog
    Atomic Zombie newsletters