DIY Bike and Trike Plans

Thread: Turn marauder into short wheelbase?

Threaded View

1. Default Turn marauder into short wheelbase?

Hello,

For some time I have been contemplating the cheapest mode of transportation that I could live with. A lot of people are on this green buzz thing, I think that is a bunch of blah. For a while I was reaching for the idea of making a motorized bicycle. As I always do, I begin to dream bigger and bigger. I thought I had invented a recumbent bicycle with a fairing with a small 25-50CC motor in my mind, but it's old news. Due to so many state laws seeming to go against the motorized bicycle I've decided to just aim on making a speedy recumbent bicycle.

Last night I thought that it would be cool if a recumbent bicycle had a suspension system when I discovered that the marauder plans suggest a form of rear suspension already in the design. I though, that is very cool. I was pretty set on the tomahawk or the highracer but I think what might be most idea is a marauder with a SWB setup on 26 inch wheels. I think there is value in terms of speed being lower to the ground which is why I imagine just making the tubing that I highlighted in blue longer maybe? : )

I guess I am saying, any input or opinion would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swbm.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	1972  

Last edited by pinjas; 01-31-2011 at 12:59 AM.