Machinist Needed

Hi one and all!
I am building a Kyoto Cruiser. This is the first time I have ever built a bike. So far it has been fun and a challenge. In looking to find a machinist I have only found one who is willing to take on the job of building the freehubs for me and he wants $125 each. ANYONE who has built a Cruiser and knows a machinist who has made this already please let me know.

thank you,
Syzmon

He's from Mars. Women are from Venus. ;)

Staton Industries sells freehub adapters, available in different bore sizes. I bought mine to fit a 5/8" axle. They are located in N.J.

Hi one and all!
I am building a Kyoto Cruiser. This is the first time I have ever built a bike. So far it has been fun and a challenge. In looking to find a machinist I have only found one who is willing to take on the job of building the freehubs for me and he wants $125 each. ANYONE who has built a Cruiser and knows a machinist who has made this already please let me know.

thank you,
Syzmon
What size free hubs do you need? I have some extra with a 3/4” axle hole, that I had made for my quad.

I have some extras that I had made from the street fighter plans. They are not anodized but the ones I put on my wifes quad are still working great. They are set up for disk brakes. How many do you need? I will sell them for $25 a piece and $8.50 Post Office priority shipping. Can get more than one in a box.

Last edited:
I have some extras that I had made from the street fighter plans. They are not anodized but the ones I put on my wifes quad are still working great. They are set up for disk brakes. How many do you need?
2, the thread size may be an issue?

2, the thread size may be an issue?
I used freewheel gearcogs off the back of bicycles I cut up and they fit. The disk break screw holes match the screws used on Avid disk breaks, I think they are a standard six hole setup. I put a picture of one of mine in the gallery so I can be sure we are talking about the same thing.

Last edited:
Do you know thread size on that hub? That is what I have to match to the cassettes I have.

Since you have the plans for the street fighter, would you email or post the photo of the plans for the hub? It should have it on there.
I fired up my old laptop and found the plans. It says 1.375” x 24 TPI Freehub Thread. It says to use mild steel, I had mine made from aluminum to save weight. I think I might have had some steel ones made but they don’t have screw holes done.

OK, let's work how to get them to me.
I boxed up the 2 completely finished hub adapters. I’ll have to have my son set up a PayPal account for me tomorrow. Here’s my phone number, you can call or text me so we can finish the arrangements 712-490-1463. Since I’m a retired letter carrier, I’d prefer to send them Priority Post, that gives tracking on the package so we can keep an eye on it. I also included two hub adapters that are partially finished but still need the disk brake screw holes put in them. The total will be $58.50
Thanks Edward

Just a little check up. Did the hub adapters work ok and was wondering if you finished your project? Good luck 👍

Mac

Hi everyone,

Having the same problem. I'm working on the Aurora delta, and the quotes I'm getting for these parts are in the $200 - $400 range, EACH. Am I wrong to feel that's on the high side?

I'll check out Staton. Alternatively, anyone know of a good machine shop that will make these for less, and / or have a surplus supply?

I'm in the Ottawa / Montreal area, in Canada. Looking for the freehub and brake disc adaptors. Probably hub flanges, too.

Thanks!

Last edited: