Warrior trike- 1st build

Popshot, I know that the motor is higher than the 250w or so they say it is.
But for what I know, they set it with the software and with that limit the continuous output.
Here you aren't allowed higher than 250w, but as you get a 750w and set it lower in the software, it is fine.
The peak amps will be high, but the continuous output will be lower.

I got a 30amp bms for my 36v battery that powers my 350w 36v motor. Not really needed, but just to be safe.
Also, price difference was very small for higher and lower.

With building my battery, I just had to check if the cells could deliver enough. That was the case with my build.

Thank you the link.

Issue I start running into is weight.

A 44v 12s14p is 168 batteries. ~34.28 lbs.

A 55v 15s14p is 210 batteries. ~42.83 lbs.

A 73v 20s14p is 280 batteries. ~56.85 lbs.

Was planning on setting it up so I can remove the battery pack and toss it in a backpack for when I'm away from the trike for extended periods of time.

That is the disadvantage with a big battery.
I always take my battery off. But put it ad home if in a bag as I am somewhere. I have not the lightest batteries, but it is no problem for me.

That is the disadvantage with a big battery.
I always take my battery off. But put it ad home if in a bag as I am somewhere. I have not the lightest batteries, but it is no problem for me.
Exactly. When I was looking at prebuilt ebike batteries, I noticed they were around 40 miles per charge.

Decided the added weight trade off was worth it for an estimated 262 miles.

Exactly. When I was looking at prebuilt ebike batteries, I noticed they were around 40 miles per charge.

Decided the added weight trade off was worth it for an estimated 262 miles.
The extra weight is for me no problem.
With one battery, I have more than 2 500wh batteries that are together bigger and heavier.
I will build a second one.
Now I use the 17,5ah. Need to finish the mount on my trike.

I want 2 29,1ah and with my 17,5ah, I will have a nice range.

The extra weight is for me no problem.
With one battery, I have more than 2 500wh batteries that are together bigger and heavier.
I will build a second one.
Now I use the 17,5ah. Need to finish the mount on my trike.

I want 2 29,1ah and with my 17,5ah, I will have a nice range.
Nice. Same here.

Tossing it in a backpack makes it like a hyper gravity vest. My calves will get a nice work out from time to time.

As for the BMS, placed an order for one of these with the pc module option.

I have also the pc module. You can measure the cell voltage and after that you can calibrate the bms on the pc.
With the bleutooth module and the app on their site, you can adjust also settings. Not calibrate it, but change several things.
You also can see the charge info and balance info.

You probably use the pc only ad the beginning, or as you replace cells. But I got it, so I could calibrate the battery and do it again as I need to replace cells.
I now mainly use the app.

My bms was locked and only gave a low voltage. I solved that problem trough the app. It came because I tested the bms and disconnected it several times. It seems that as you disconnect it, it goes in protection mode and locks it.
In the app you can unlock it.
As it happens, let me know, I will show you how to solve it.

You can also lock the bms. Password is as I remember 6 times 0, but you can change that.
Then nobody can unlock it as you lock it and it doesn't deliver much power.

I have also the pc module. You can measure the cell voltage and after that you can calibrate the bms on the pc.
With the bleutooth module and the app on their site, you can adjust also settings. Not calibrate it, but change several things.
You also can see the charge info and balance info.

You probably use the pc only ad the beginning, or as you replace cells. But I got it, so I could calibrate the battery and do it again as I need to replace cells.
I now mainly use the app.
There you go. That's the same reason I grabbed it.

My bms was locked and only gave a low voltage. I solved that problem trough the app. It came because I tested the bms and disconnected it several times. It seems that as you disconnect it, it goes in protection mode and locks it.
In the app you can unlock it.
As it happens, let me know, I will show you how to solve it.

You can also lock the bms. Password is as I remember 6 times 0, but you can change that.
Then nobody can unlock it as you lock it and it doesn't deliver much power.
Appreciate that. I'll let you know when I run into that. Gotta wait for that to show up as well as other components for the battery.

stv

Good info. I just picked up a warrior recently and was thinking of putting an electric wheel on it. Didn't know about these mid drive ones.

So I took a break from building anything the last few days and it might be a good thing I did.

A couple hours ago, I decided to figure out dimensions of a 12s14p 26650 Lifepo4 battery pack in order to look for an appropriate weatherproof case.

15-1/2" x 13-5/16" x 2-5/8"

Realized I need to draw a mock up of the warrior plans with the exact dimensions of my rear tire due to possible clearance issues.

Off to CAD I go.