I crashed again

I got my second crash today.
This time I got my arm open because I slides over the asphalt. Other than, that, I am OK. I learned from my first crash, that you don't fall very hard. You roll more of the bike than really falling.

My trike is an other story.
I welded my steering with the wrong electrodes, because I didn't know that it was rvs. So the places that I didn't do over, all broke this crash.
But that is easy to fix or make new steering.
I also broke the shifter and need to order a new one.
I am also looking if I will get the same, or something else.
Just need to see what I can get fast.

The tire was flat after the crash. That is easy to fix, but I need to check my disk brake and and my wheel. It looked straight, but the brake is moved, so I need to check, wat moved exactly. The wheel was still standing straight, so I think the brake jyst moved. It looked like that, but I want yo know for sure.
I will remove the wheel tomorrow, to check it. If not OK, I will bring it yo the BMX shop, to get it fixed.

For what I could see, it is only the steering and the shifter plus a flat tire. I hope it stays with that.

Just looking a way for a second, because my phone mount was hitting my wheel. Didn't had my phone on it luckily.
Hit a curb in a corner, where I normally easily ride around. But I wasn't looking, so I hit the curb, lifted a wheel, counter steered and went on my side.
Some nice people asked if everything was OK.
It was my second crash, so I have some experience. 😁
But it will not stop me or slow me down. For the comming days, but soon I will be back on my trike.

Here some images.

Broken 9s shifter. Need to order a new one.

Flat tire. Used the tube to hold my steering straight, walking home.

Update. Wheel isn't straight anymore. A tiny wage in it, but is fixable.
Wheel was standing bent inward a bit, what made that pushed against the disk brake.
Brake is OK.

So what I need to fix are the steering arms and wheel mount.
Steering arms get new ones.
Puting the wheel straight, is removing some welds, put it straight and weld it back.

Than I ordered a thumbshifter. Cheaper than I have, but same principle. Only mounting not in the tube. But on the outside. Better protected by a crash.
Let the wheel be fixed.
Inner tube I still have and looking if I can fix this one also to have a spare.

Damage looks worse than it is.
I also use this to change the steering. I wanted to do this, but I never wanted to stop riding to build one. So I use this to do it.

So happy that it's a DIY trike. Low in cost and I can all fix it myself.
With an expensive trike, I would be sick of it. Now I am looking completely different ad it.

Next week I start working on my bike. I than also hope, that my wheel will be fixed and my shifter is arrived ad my place.

Ouch! Glad to hear that you are OK and the trike is fixable.

Ouch. At least the accident was all your own effort and didn't involve another vehicle.
Nobody else involved. My phone mount was hitting the tire, so I looked ad it to move it away. By doing that I missed my corner and hit the curb on the outside. Rolled on my side.
Just me, not watching the road and on high speeds, that isn't smart.

Ouch! Glad to hear that you are OK and the trike is fixable.
Thanks.

Yes, that is the advantage of a diy bike.
Wheel will be fixed by a friend and he also helps me with the steering arms. He had the tools for bending and more.
I will pickup the steel tubing with him, next week.
So it only costed me 25 euro for a new shifter.

Checkt the wheel mount and it is easy to fix. It's bend halfway the hole. So I don't bend it back. I put on one side a weld on the bottom and on the other side on the top. It is just a litle bit bend, so that will fix it. It's less Than a mm.

Tomorrow after I will fix it.
Just some welding and sanding. Paint it white till I get black paint.

Almost ready with fixing my trike.
Everything is mounted back on.
Damage was even bigger than I thought. The frame is bend, but I will straighten that out soon.
Added lights that use the battery of the e-assist.
Wheel is straight again.
Steering is fixed and new shifter is placed.
Only need to fix all cables, afjes rear derailleur, connect the lights to the battery and ad the grips on my steering.

Bidy will be straightened soon, but steering will not be painted yet. I am going to build soon my new trike and as that one is ready, I will improve my current trike.

Very sorry to hear about the crash, Emiel! I hope it all goes back together nicely, and stronger too. I wrecked on an upright bike around 2007 and broke my left hand in the process. That sucked.
I go fast and with that, the risk of a crash is bigger. I know that and this wasn't my first and probably also mot my last crash.
Falling with a trike that low by the ground, hurts a lot less. My elbow was open, but that was all.
Well as long as you don't hit something.

The bike went very good togheter.
Gearing is working better and so are the brakes. I adjusted them a bit.
Added lights that are connected to my e-assist battery. It has also a horn and that one ise louder than I expected.

I am so happy that I can ride again. I have no car but I can use the car from the shop if needed. But that has its limitations and I don't want to use it each time. Also in the city is my bike way faster.
Also mow I can tour again. Going to do a ride again next week.

New bike will come soon, but I kerp this frame and fiks it better. Its still a great trike and as I clean it up, than it's a great trike.
So I want to keep it as my spare trike.