Disc Brakes on StreetFighter

The rear will be 3/4" as per the Streetfighters axle. The axle simply extends to make the hub on the axle itself. You won't want 15mm front hubs as you won't find 15mm bolts for them. Given the use you envisage you want 20mm axle hubs for the front. These are readily available with a disc mount and simply use a M20 bolt as the axle.

The rear inner flanges can indeed be drilled to the 6 bolt pattern. Ideally on a lathe but you could get away with careful placing of a screw on disc mount and drilling through it as a template. You could use the one drilled through as a spacer to get clearance for the caliper and use another undrilled one behind to bolt into each side. It will mean the utmost care is needed to align the inner flanges or the disc will not run true.

Is this something I can get directly in the US? I'm not waiting 19-39 days for shipping lol

It says 32 hole, so 32 spoke. You may not get 48 spoke as they're generally found only on BMX bikes which won't use 20mm hubs. 36 spoke should be ok and they're certainly available. The fat rims I posted earlier are 36H too so you can get fatties in 36H. Search terms I'd use "20mm front hub 36H disc" and pick a local supplier.

Ali-Express offer 10 day postage (their own std postage option) to the UK. Do they not do it to your locale?

It says 32 hole, so 32 spoke. You may not get 48 spoke as they're generally found only on BMX bikes which won't use 20mm hubs. 36 spoke should be ok and they're certainly available. The fat rims I posted earlier are 36H too so you can get fatties in 36H. Search terms I'd use "20mm front hub 36H disc" and pick a local supplier.

Ali-Express offer 10 day postage (their own std postage option) to the UK. Do they not do it to your locale?
I don't know because I don't shop online (prefer in person). Most of the spots I've been looking at (online) are either local or within the States. That Ali site that's been referenced looks like a Chinese company and I can't use a gift card to buy outside of the US. I don't know if I want a fat tire, but was considering a 2" wide tire. I have it linked somewhere on here.

Also, I'm not rolling on anything bigger than a 20" rim

I'm surprised you haven't heard of Ali-Express, it's part of Jack Ma's Alibaba which is the largest sales site in the world. Alibaba concentrates on bulk wholesale and Ali-express is for small or single orders. You'll certainly find the same parts closer but rarely cheaper as you're cutting out a lot of middlemen.

I'm surprised you haven't heard of Ali-Express, it's part of Jack Ma's Alibaba which is the largest sales site in the world. Alibaba concentrates on bulk wholesale and Ali-express is for small or single orders. You'll certainly find the same parts closer but rarely cheaper as you're cutting out a lot of middlemen.
I don't know who Jack Ma is. To clarify, I'm familiar with the internet and such, but I don't keep up on stuff; hell, I don't even have a bank account lol. I like shopping in the 50 States, especially my general area, to keep it as local as possible mainly for the support, but the product is right there.

I was thinking last night about picking up welding as a side hobby this autumn or winter when I'm not working so much.

Many Americans prefer to buy in the USA.
And they prefer it even more that the product is made in the USA.
I did it with quad copter frames. They where made in China, but I shipped them to the USA and let an American sell them and we just added, made in the USA and doubled the price.
I sold 3 times as much then when there was not made in the USA on and for the lower price.
In the EU, that didn't work. I didn't need to say, made in the EU, they jyst wanted it for the lowest price. Made in China is no problem here, because everyone buys in China in the EU.

Found these tonight. Just wanted to verify that this will work with a 20" wheel

Also, this doesn't solve my issue with the rear discs on the hubs unless I am able to use front hubs in the rear and have an axle built to accommodate that.

Ideas?

Last edited:
Many Americans prefer to buy in the USA.
And they prefer it even more that the product is made in the USA.
I did it with quad copter frames. They where made in China, but I shipped them to the USA and let an American sell them and we just added, made in the USA and doubled the price.
I sold 3 times as much then when there was not made in the USA on and for the lower price.
In the EU, that didn't work. I didn't need to say, made in the EU, they jyst wanted it for the lowest price. Made in China is no problem here, because everyone buys in China in the EU.
I've noticed this with other companies. Personally, I find it disgusting because it's lying to the customer and just dishonest in general.

Those hubs will be fine for the front but at more than 5 times the price of the ones I linked they ought to at least kiss you first.
You can't use front hubs on the rear as you'd have zero way of driving them. You could in theory use 20mm rear hubs with threads for a freewheel or fixie cog. You'd have to find a way to keep the right hand wheels cog on the hub as it'll auto unscrew. You'll need to completely redesign the rear axle to accomodate the hubs and you'll need a jackshaft as wide as the spacing between the hubs gears. The only 20mm rear hubs I know are $600 each and don't take discs. Even if you can find ones that do mount discs the disc would be on the outside to allow the drive on the inside. To all practical purposes the answer is you need to build the rear in a similar manner to the plan.

What Popshot says, use the design from the streetfighter and mod that.
Other way you can do is, by making the rear one way diff. Then you can use a normal rear hyb and mount ad the place of the disk break a gear that you connect to the rear one way diff.

Those hubs will be fine for the front but at more than 5 times the price of the ones I linked they ought to at least kiss you first.
You can't use front hubs on the rear as you'd have zero way of driving them. You could in theory use 20mm rear hubs with threads for a freewheel or fixie cog. You'd have to find a way to keep the right hand wheels cog on the hub as it'll auto unscrew. You'll need to completely redesign the rear axle to accomodate the hubs and you'll need a jackshaft as wide as the spacing between the hubs gears. The only 20mm rear hubs I know are $600 each and don't take discs. Even if you can find ones that do mount discs the disc would be on the outside to allow the drive on the inside. To all practical purposes the answer is you need to build the rear in a similar manner to the plan.
I don't have a way to buy from them (gift cards don't work outside of the States and I don't have any bank account/credit card) nor am I waiting 30+ days for shipping. If I were to do that, I might as well just wait till next year to build it because there won't be any time to ride it and then at that point, I might as well just design my own quadcycle from the floor up. Not dealing with that.

I might as well just drill directly into the hub flange for the rear wheels with the original StreetFighter plans and go from there.

What Popshot says, use the design from the streetfighter and mod that.
Other way you can do is, by making the rear one way diff. Then you can use a normal rear hyb and mount ad the place of the disk break a gear that you connect to the rear one way diff.
What do you mean by a one way diff?