It took the standard part of the spring or one of those two pieced bikes I had laying around. It came out of necessity because otherwise the bike would have been hard framed. Instead of the wheels, I dampened the saddle...
the MTBike on a stand and the cart besides it. Notice how the cart had a central wheel, while the alignment of the wheel needed to be in line with the back wheel of the bike... I of course discovered it during the building process...
Voilà! A freshly painted bike always looks better! Notice: from the steering column not one but two curved pipes are welded to the cart frame.
Same goes for the back: the bike frame is welded with 2 curved pipes to the cart frame.
A chopper I built off a simple MTB. Lots of custom made parts, with the standard ones left in place where they made sense. In particular the fork was (back then) a tricky part to build from scratch. Swiss Army leather bags and a matching saddle complete this 3.2m chopper.
a solution I came up with to deal with the gears. Being a quite heavy bike, I definitely wanted gears to move it easily. Gear levers are from a racing bike. The pins that hold the "tie rods" are screwed in a threaded hole in the upper tube frame.
This was a difficult thing: the alignment of the back section and the new fork, separated by the new, extended frame pipes.
I used 2 long T-profiles to align the frame to the back wheel, hoping it would be precise enough. It luckily was.