Thanks for the response. Found an alternative way. Removed the screws holding the side panels on, the opening was wide enough to remove the wafer. I believe I may have a couple of locks available.

Found a bigger surprise the battery case is missing. Now the big question do I fab up another case and fill it with SLA's and a home brew charger or do I put in Lithium Ion cells. My understanding is the the bike manufacturer went to Lithium too soon,a couple of garage fires ultimately put the company out of business. From what I have found the problem with lithium is the charging. If the cells do not receive equal voltage they short and catch fire. There is a balancer called the IMAx, the problem TOO MANY unreliable knock offs, thanks again