Adapting for a Rickshaw

I am looking for plans that will work for a hand pulled rickshaw. Something (functionally) like these: http://voyapon.com/rickshaw/ Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any, but I think this site could have plans that could work with some modifications. I'm going to be using it at campsites, so I need to be able to pull it over uneven ground, maybe with 2 passengers. So I'm looking for something that could support at least 500-600 pounds. The Loderunner looks like a promising candidate. Although I think larger wheels would help over uneven ground. Any recommendations on where to start, or which plans would be best suited for adaptation?

I don't think there is any plans which will direct give you a answer.
A cart is a cart and there is not much to it.
A good start would be for you to tell us what you have available in tools, Bicycle parts, stock of steel etc.
and someone will hopefully guide you to a workable solution.
This website are frequently visited by a large group of home builders who together has a great knowledge for you to tap from.

I don't have any parts. This will be the first project like this that I've worked on. I do have a 125 flux welder, angle grinder, drill press, and other assorted tools, mostly for woodworking though. I've never welding anything, but I'm willing to figure it out or take classes.

Brads plans incl a lot of general information so the load runner plans would help you,
actually you more plans you read you more you understand of the art of bike building.
I have his book "Bike, Scooter, and Chopper Projects for the Evil Genius" .
Your first concern is to decide if you want single sided fixing on your wheels or dual.
A 14mm hub axle is whats normally is recommended for one sided hubs which can handle up to 200 - 250 pounds
so to handle 500-600 pounds you have to find hubs with a axel of 20mm or more, they are availible for mountain bikes.
If you go for dual sided support for the wheels 12-14mm axle would do.
Warning, all axle are not equal, it depends on what material they are made from and how they are made.