Another FWD Delta trike.

Update 7th Nov 2020:

I did a tiny bit more mock-up and messing around with the trike today.
It seems that with the seat in the ideal place on the main keel I will indeed have the same relationship/distance between the seat and the pedals as exists on the Tadpole.

Looks to me like the pedals are now considerably further fwd than in the earlier pictures and so the boom can be a bit lower ? before pedal strike ?

Next job is to try and sort out how to add some steering capability. USS and a rod attached to the forks seems about right.

Like this I assume ?

Don't forget to easily get on and off the steering rods will have to be close to the frame

Paul

You need a glamorous assistant to help with your video demonstrations, and no I'm not applying for the job.
I think Debbie Mcgee is still free , however she prefers smaller wizards :D

Thank you all for your kind and constructive input, it is much appreciated.
I need to sort out the steering AND some tubing for the chain to alleviate tyre-rub at the contact points, but it is beginning to look like a workable trike.
The back-end "tilty-bit" is still only tack-welded (albeit with some substantial tacks) but it might stand up to a gentle test ride up and down the street.
Many years ago I bought the Aurora delta plan and I will probably use the steering elements from that for this trike.
As a mid-sized trike it might look quite striking on the road. ;)

I fastened a seat mount to the frame and put the wheels on to see what it "felt like".
I can report that it feels "high-up" & "dangerous" :eek:

It may feel that way but it looks like you're lower than on a regular bike. It's the same on my swb 2 wheeler. That precarious feeling is hard to ignore.