Before and after

Nothing homemade. Just a std bike. A Foffa Premium 8 with Alfine hub.

I had the frame blasted and powder coated. Changed the mechanical callipers for hydraulic with 4 pot on the front and 2 pot rear. New stem, seat, pedals and grips plus a new front cog with 4 teeth less. The original was dead and needed changing anyway and I fancied lower gearing. One thing learned is that powder coating is so thick the C clips for the cable lines simply won't stretch enough to go around the thick finish . The 4 pot are awesome. The powder coat was £60 because I wanted the sparkles in it otherwise it'd only have been £40. That's pretty cheap compared against a load of sandpaper, some primer, some colour and some lacquer.

Nice resto! :p

I swapped these hydraulic brakes onto a more sturdy workhorse as frankly the front forks were exhibiting signs of distress with the 203mm rotor and 4 pot. The QR skewer was also struggling to keep the wheel in the dropouts! I put them on a Commencal Uptown which is a much beefier design and also has a 1000W 48V motor affixed and now the pads have bedded in the braking is utterly phenomenal. From the top side of 30mph they're enough to make you wince in mechanical sympathy with even the chunky frame and forks of the Commencal. It's going to be a disappointment riding anything that doesn't have them in future.