Best saw money can buy…

Firstly Hi, I’m Patrick from Lincolnshire UK, I’m building a Street fox, the plans are spot on.

I’m kinda lucky I have some decent metal working tools, from a GYS mig welder to an absolutely outstanding Evolution cold cut saw. It makes everything so much easier.

I’m a reasonable welder, I’ve been building stoves, gates and furniture out of steel for a few years. Then a mate of mine who is disabled put me on to this site, he’s built a few over the years.

The build is coming on well… no rush I’m just plodding along when I have spare time.

Put up some pictures and document the build in a thread. It's always nice to be able to see where you've come from compared to where you've got to in a build.

Hi Patrick, welcome to AZ. :)

Gys welders are good gear.

The Evo cold cut is the extension of the Evo "All materials" saw (i.e. don't worry about sawing through the nail in that timber). I have an Evo-Rage3 and its great on wood.
Does the "All Metal" variant work well ? I have seen reviews but I wondered....
  1. How does the "chips" shower compare to the sparks & grit off a cut-off grinder? - Is it really messy?
  2. How long does the blade last? - How many cuts before it dulls?
Cheers,

Dan.

Hi Patrick, welcome to AZ. :)

Gys welders are good gear.

The Evo cold cut is the extension of the Evo "All materials" saw (i.e. don't worry about sawing through the nail in that timber). I have an Evo-Rage3 and its great on wood.
Does the "All Metal" variant work well ? I have seen reviews but I wondered....
  1. How does the "chips" shower compare to the sparks & grit off a cut-off grinder? - Is it really messy?
  2. How long does the blade last? - How many cuts before it dulls?
Cheers,

Dan.
Hi Dan,

I’ve had the saw some 12 months now and built gates, stoves, furniture and god knows what else with it, it’s used weekly as welding as fabrication is my thing and the blade is cutting fine no sign of dulling…even after 100’s maybe 1000’s of cuts I’m still on the original blade, in fact it will slice off .5mm with out any issue. Honestly it’s really impressive.
There are hardly any sparks, no dust and what it slices off it pretty much catches.
I cannot recommend it enough…