Big Question

I got the question from 2 important people in my life. They want to rent 2 E-tadpool long range cruisers to make the trip Brussels-Oslo in 14 days, and send the bikes back with a courrier service.

Unfortunatly, renting tadpools whatsoever is a problem in Belgium.

I talked about this with Emiel.
But building 2 "on demand" tadpools is not cheap, not even Atomic Zombie style if time is short.
Anyone an "outside of the box idea"?

maddox

in my view that is simply not do-able ?
Approx 1400 km so 100km a day for 14 days that is assuming you don't get lost[ yes I can see there is a small ferry section that only amounts to 170km ]
where are they staying on a night ?

Paul

I asked them if they ride normal bikes for those kind of distances, and they don't.
So I suggested buying the tadpools way in advance and start training. Didn't get no to this actualy.

On the other hand, the "doability" ain't a factor. If it doesn't work out, they just will return the bikes sooner, and make the trip with other means.

For the nights, knowing them, it's in hotels.

My part in this is sourcing 2 tadpools that can do the trip.

On the whole I think delta's are less work to build ?
What about a tandem trike or 2 delta's joined in a tandem like Hase do ?

regards Paul

The tandem trike will have a huge turning circle , not handy in an urban environment
The coupled deltas can carry a front wheel and easily become 2 making moving and storage easier ?
If engineered to stand on their tails the pair only need to take the same floor space as a single DF bike.

More sell-able on return I suspect.

some advantages

Turning circle is impressive ? the interior decor less so !

Paul

I'm writing up the proposals for the "clients".

What I do know up to date.

Renting 2 comfy "cruiser" e-tadpools (my first toughts, Azub TiFly or HP Velotechnic Scorpion FS) for a month is not possible in Belgium.
Making sure it's a carefree vacation trip without a support technician on hand is . Even a brandnew commercial bike/trike will develop some creaks/hickups/flats on a trip like that, especialy with "drivers" that ain't used to the machines.
Transition from upwrong bike to recumbent does hurt. You'll start using other muscles and/or in another way.

My toughts.
If the clients are determined to do this trip, they will need training, 100km/day for 2 weeks is not something you do on a whim. Starting a few months in advance is not a luxury, unless masochisme is in play.
Commercial E-tadpools configured for long range cruising ain't cheap, and take a while to be delivered. (think about 6 months+ delivery time, and even then, limited in power and range)

My recommendations for now.(with some idea's from others, thanks guys)
Buy second hand , and upgrade with the right parts.
Go full Atomic Zombie. Building 2 Streetfoxes won't take much more time than 1. And that time will be about the same for a Streetfox'd Viking(appropriate tough, for the trip).
Start way in advance (preferably next week), so training and working out kinks won't interfere with the trip.
Have a support team at hand ( even the best road assistance takes hours of lost time)

I'm writing up the proposals for the "clients".

What I do know up to date.

Renting 2 comfy "cruiser" e-tadpools (my first toughts, Azub TiFly or HP Velotechnic Scorpion FS) for a month is not possible in Belgium.
Making sure it's a carefree vacation trip without a support technician on hand is . Even a brandnew commercial bike/trike will develop some creaks/hickups/flats on a trip like that, especialy with "drivers" that ain't used to the machines.
Transition from upwrong bike to recumbent does hurt. You'll start using other muscles and/or in another way.

My toughts.
If the clients are determined to do this trip, they will need training, 100km/day for 2 weeks is not something you do on a whim. Starting a few months in advance is not a luxury, unless masochisme is in play.
Commercial E-tadpools configured for long range cruising ain't cheap, and take a while to be delivered. (think about 6 months+ delivery time, and even then, limited in power and range)

My recommendations for now.(with some idea's from others, thanks guys)
Buy second hand , and upgrade with the right parts.
Go full Atomic Zombie. Building 2 Streetfoxes won't take much more time than 1. And that time will be about the same for a Streetfox'd Viking(appropriate tough, for the trip).
Start way in advance (preferably next week), so training and working out kinks won't interfere with the trip.
Have a support team at hand ( even the best road assistance takes hours of lost time)
I wish them (and you) all the luck in the world, but that's a BIG stretch goal.
No renter (if one even existed) is going to let 2 strangers take their trikes out of the country. :)
You are still looking at a reasonable sum to e-equip 2 home-built trikes (c. €650-700 per trike).
The AZ style seating is NOT for long journeys (IMHO), it needs "proper" seats or the riders will get fatigued.
How well do they perform in adversity? Things will go wrong (always do), will they abandon the trikes/the trip and make it all wasted effort?
Good Luck! :D

Could they ride one of these ?

hase Pino either buy one second hand or build a clone ?

Hotel would mean little luggage toiletries and one change of clothes each then post other clothes ahead/post dirty ones back.
Only one vehicle to e-assist ?

they could perhaps take turns on the recumbent seat if they have similar inside leg measurements ?

I did 750km in 2 weeks however I had some rest day's , I am sure they will need at least 2 maybe 3 , that bumps the daily KM up a lot !

Paul