DIY body for a Velomo Quad - interesting

Indeed! Much fun going on in Germany. If not presented somewhere here already, have a peek here: https://quadvelo.com/
I think its related to Velomo.

//hp
Just the man I want to talk to !

Ground clearance ! specifically heels when pedaling ?
I want to build a enclosed delta trike so I want to get the pedals as low as practical to reduce the height of the body.

A rough drawing would suggest with:-
50mm of heel ground clearance
170mm cranks
and size 45 shoes

The lowest BB could be is 35cm

Is 50mm of heel clearance practical in the real world ?
What are your figures ?

I want the body to look like this :-

Obviously they have the wheels at the wrong ends !

regards Paul

Hi!
My BB is at approx 34cm. Cranks somewhat shorter; approx 14cm. (Kids bike, I think)
With my positioning of the size 44 soles that ends up with approx 5cm heel/ground clearence which never had been a problem.
With clipped bicycle shoes ground clearence probably should be only a few cm which might be a tad tiny.
I think MkII (when/if) will have BB on 36cm. (Sons measuring in on size 49 now….😬)
//hp

hp

thanks

What do you see the MkII looking like ?
Will it be for you or your son ?

Paul

Hi!
If/when MkII probably will have a more ”modern” touch. Something like Brads started velomobile fairing project or the above mentioned Quadvelo. And adjustable seating for 1,6(not so tall sweetheart)-2m(tall sons) riders. 😁
But there are quite a few other projects to be done first, primarily related to the non-velocar part of life.

//hp

Hi!
If/when MkII probably will have a more ”modern” touch. Something like Brads started velomobile fairing project or the above mentioned Quadvelo. And adjustable seating for 1,6(not so tall sweetheart)-2m(tall sons) riders. 😁
I assume you also mean more enclosed then ? seat adjust ability is always nice and yet hard to do without being clumsy and adding weight . Mine tend to have a tool adjust of a few inches fore and aft of where I think the seat needs to be rather than accommodating drivers of widely varying height/leg length.

But there are quite a few other projects to be done first, primarily related to the non-velocar part of life.
Ah the Honey Do list , never ending .....

Least the Mk1 is a roaring success and looking at the videos you have great fun riding it !

Paul

Thanx!
Yep, more enclosed. I have laid my hands on a retired mobility scooter and amongst other bits and bobs there are a reasonably neat seat adjustment! Time will tell (maybe) if that would lend itself to a velocar project!

//hp