Ed's 'StreetRunner' Quad Build

As you connect them togheter, do you only need to connect the signal wires together?
No. I'm mainly referring to the two motors and getting them to work as a pair. Everything else will come off from the 48v to 12v converter that sits behind the battery.

Found an intermittent short in the key switch. Bypassed the switch with a shunt and all works as designed.

I do have an issue with one of the gears, however. The chain 'clunks' once in a while. I found the teeth on that gear aren't really wide enough for a T8F chain. So I'll be looking to replace it. The trouble is it was a special order and had to come from England. I'm hoping to find something a wee bit closer this time.

Did you have the calliper fully bolted up during that? It gives a fair bit with the disc wobble. The inboard drive sprocket has a fair bit of eccentricity too. There's many a time I've tried to make my own alignment on sprockets and I know it's a tough old ask to get 100% when you haven't got that perfectly lathe machined piece to make it happen.

Did you have the calliper fully bolted up during that? It gives a fair bit with the disc wobble. The inboard drive sprocket has a fair bit of eccentricity too. There's many a time I've tried to make my own alignment on sprockets and I know it's a tough old ask to get 100% when you haven't got that perfectly lathe machined piece to make it happen.
:) Yes to all that. These calipers seem to have a design that allows them to move within the bracket. At least that is what I have reasoned.

I do have more work to do to get things better aligned. Now that I've been able to get it to move, I am able to see what needs to be done to try and improve on alignment issues.

Just came in from looking into how I will connect the wiring. Ran another slow-mo and one of my tack welds broke.
So I've got some repairing and finish welding to do.

The eccentric movement has allows been a concern, and hard to achieve with rudimentary equipment and expertise. But I think in this case it will be safe to allow it as is. I must put more thought into how to jig up to achieve a better center point. My latest thought is to weld in a 'fill-in center' and then redrill out. Hopefully achieving a more accurate center.

That particular gear should be spot on. It was specially ordered with a 3/4 bore. All I did was weld on the shaft collar. Why it is running off is a question for sure?

Repair made and beefed up as well.

Drilled out sprocket center hole to accommodate the shaft collar.

Verified the distance all around the outside and did an eccentric spin test. All is as close as I will ever get it.

There is another shaft collar welded on the other side. Shouldn't break apart anymore.

Wiring sorted out and connected.

Below

A slow function test. Don't pay any attention to 'loose things', that's next.

For now, I have successfully made both motors obey. March in the same direction at the same time...😀