Electric Warrior tip

I completed my Warrior a few years ago, and am now adding electric assist. Here's the 'before' picture:

My battery is 'frame mount', bolts on to standard water bottle holes. I considered laying it on the front boom, but there's not much room between the knees. It just fits behind the seat tube, but it's wide enough to interfere with the chain.

I've cut off those narrowly-spaced 'chain stays' and made new curvy ones that allow for the battery. There are no chain stays in the plan, but it's a common Warrior improvisation and I'd recommend it, particularly if you're adding a motor. I'll also weld a length of 3/4"x1/8" angle on the non-drive side of the seat tube, flush with the under side, to give me a sturdy, off-centre mounting platform. Hanging batteries under tubes isn't ideal, so a support strap and some drainage holes will follow.

None of this is very difficult, but it's tedious to have to strip everything down and I'm not going to enjoy the repainting. If electric assist is in your future I'd recommend building in some strategic battery mounts to avoid the rework later.

Cheers,
-Adrian

Nice trike and Kojak's you don't see them very often on a road trike.

Looks good.
I had my battery on the front with also the motor in the front. That didn't ride great. I maved the battery behind my seat and that solved it.

Looks good.
I had my battery on the front with also the motor in the front. That didn't ride great. I maved the battery behind my seat and that solved it.
If it's a frame-mount battery:
  • do you depend on just the tabs in the baseplate to keep the battery in place? Doesn't seem adequate, I'm planning to add at least a velcro retaining strap
  • are you concerned about water getting into the battery case? The endless-sphere forum recommends drainage holes for under-slung batteries
Cheers,
-Adrian

I have a bottle battery. It is closed and the connector is as the bottom.
I mounted it on the back of my seat. It is wood, soo I only needed to mount the holder with 2 m5 bolds.
I removed the motor of my trike, but I have the mount still on it for now.

It is an battery from aliexpres, but on my new build I make my own batteries. A lot cheaper and more compact. I need to visit a steel company near me to see if he has what I want. 70x140x200mm is the size of the box I need. But I am also looking ad 70x70x400. Fix that to the frame. Each side one and I can put 2 batteries on my bike each 19,25ah 36v.
Frond a bafang 350w motor.

those things can make a lot of difference. I added rear suspencion to my new build and it is so much smoother than my first build.

I would only put something on the handle bars where you have your shifter. I have now also noting, but i put tomorrow something on.