Full Bodied Marauder

Website
kurbkrawlabikes.wixsite.com
Hi people,
This is my first post on here, as my old account wasn't used much and I've been doing other things in my life.

I've decided to build a version of Brad's awesome 'Marauder' lowracer, but having a velomobile body shell built over it. I work with a leading British kit car manufacturer (Blackwell Sports Cars) and I'm getting help from their fiberglass moldings guy, to create a sporty body. So it's a mix of bike and car, combined in one awesome machine. I'll will be posting updates on this thread as and when I get hold of the components and start chopping and grinding things up in my tiny British garden shed!!

Best wishes,
Neil.

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Looking forward to seeing this one, for sure! Besides wanting a velomobile ever since the mid 80s (still do),
the Marauder is probably my all-time favorite of Brad's designs, although I converted mine to a quadcycle.
I'm thinking this is gonna be one sweet ride! (y)

the Marauder is probably my all-time favorite of Brad's designs, although I converted mine to a quadcycle.
(y)

It's one of my favorites as well. Probably won't get around to building one, but one can dream.
I've often thought it would be a good base build for a 'leaning trike build'

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Wait, I got the names mixed up. He said Marauder, but I was thinking DeltaWolf trike. DOH!
Anyway, yeah, I meant I built the DELTAWOLF as a quad, not the Marauder.
Still, the Marauder is probably my favorite 2-wheeler!

I looked ad it and I went for the trike.
But it always stayed something that I liked.

I am curious on how you do the body around it.

Website
Thanks for the feedback so far people. I had been working on a rear/lean steer trike, but I think in reality, any bump in the road will try to turn the bike. I've gone back to two wheels, as I just love it when you're low down and leaning in.

Website
Quick update: I've purchased a used kids fat bike for the wheels and frame parts, just on the look out for another adult bike for the gears and steering bits. Just about to start drawing up a model for reference. Photos on my Facebook page :)

Website
Thanks Emiel, the bike was sold on a few years ago, but is still out there. There's a video on YouTube, with the new owner doing his first trial ride. As for my current project, I'm hopefully collecting an old Raleigh Tempest road bike for it's drivetrain, bottom bracket shell and steering parts. I've ordered the frame materials, which will be 50x50x1.5mm CDS box. I'm gonna use some of the rear stay parts from the road bike frame as well as the steerer tube. Coming together slowly and nearly time for new hacksaw blades!!

Website
Sorry to inform you all, but this project won't be happening after all. I've decided that the roads in the UK and lack of safe cycle paths is no place for this low bike to go. So I'm shelving it for now, until my situation changes in the future. I will however, be building a tall-ish cargo bike instead, which I intend to use for local trips for general shopping, instead of using the car. I'm currently refurbishing two road bikes, which will be sold on to fund the 'Let's Kargo!' bike.

I hope you're not too disappointed? :)