Going for my second build.

I didn't want yo, but it is happening. I am going to build a second Trike.
I just reserved a seat that I get by the end of the month.
This build will have many changes from my previous build.

I will start tonight with the base frame. The seat mount comes as soon as I have the seat.
With the knowledge I hot from the previous build, I now know what is possible and what works.

I will post images from the design, as soon as I have it.

This hobby is addicting. Riding and building.

A velomobile seat.
He has 3 seats, so I call him tonight or tomorrow about the details. If I am right, there is mounting on the rear. So I don't need to drill holes trough it.

I just see an other seat for 10 euro. 😂 I will not get it, because it isn't what I am looking for. But it's funny that I now see seats everywhere.

A velomobile seat.
He has 3 seats, so I call him tonight or tomorrow about the details. If I am right, there is mounting on the rear. So I don't need to drill holes trough it.

The seat just peeping out at the top of the picture looks like the Flevo bike moulded seats I have 3 off ?

Moulded as in like your wheelie bin and NOT composite/fiberglass etc.

here are 2 of them and 1 of my 3 Ventist seat pads

The seat he sells is different. I call him today, because I have seen that he has more different seats.
Want to know the mounting options.

Paul, may I ask you if your comfortable in the seat you have on your trike? What are the dimensions?
Could this be the same like this one?

I found it here : triker-onderdelen/stoel-voor-triker-pro-100.html.
Even if it is only 'plastic', you can not let it go for that price (45.90 euro, postage included).
Yes that is mine what dimensions do you want.

You will need a Ventist seat pad to stop sweating and give you some comfort , I have ridden over 70 miles in a day sat on one and not found any problems.

regards Paul

Thanks for your quick reply.
I measure 1.75 m, weight 73 kg.
Looking at the pictures of your Netherlands trips I suppose that you are little taller. So this seat will fit me. I think I will place an order.

The seat just peeping out at the top of the picture looks like the Flevo bike moulded seats I have 3 off ?

Moulded as in like your wheelie bin and NOT composite/fiberglass etc.

here are 2 of them and 1 of my 3 Ventist seat pads
Why 3? How many bums do you sit on at one time? I thought they were secured with Velcro so 1 pad and transfer between seats.
Clearly a man of means and Seats. ;) I am dead jealous.

Thanks for your quick reply.
I measure 1.75 m, weight 73 kg.
Looking at the pictures of your Netherlands trips I suppose that you are little taller. So this seat will fit me. I think I will place an order.
Yes every so slightly taller and the same weight !

It has very good lateral support , although I have a back problem and have some blue camping mat attached with double sided tape for lumber support.

Paul

Why 3? How many bums do you sit on at one time? I thought they were secured with Velcro so 1 pad and transfer between seats.
Clearly a man of means and Seats. ;) I am dead jealous.
Seats well I almost have 2 trikes , I have a MBB trike in bits in the garage loft and I want to just roll one out the bike shed and ride it.

Ventist pads well if you have 3 seats ....

I bought one from Mr Ventist at the World Championships at Venray from his 1/2 price box , then the second time we went to Holland I visited him at his workshop and purchased 2 more , 1 from the 1/2 price box and one at a discounted full price [ got to get them while you can :D

Emiel sorry to hijack your thread , we are patiently waiting for an update honest (y)

Yes Emiel, an update is definitely required my man. What's happening? 🤪

Yes Emiel, an update is definitely required my man. What's happening? 🤪
There is a lot happening.
I made some renders of the frame and made a mistake with the seat. I need to call him or mail him again for it. I choose the one without mounting and I wanted the one with mounting points on it. 😂 My mistake.

Yes the design looks very similar to the kmx. After I made the front part, I noticed that.😅
It wasn't my intention and I tried to make changes, but that didn't work with what I wanted. So I placed a similar rear on it also.
Front steering will be a bit different. Other angles.
I will do a similar seat mount as well. It gives a lot of options in sitting positions.
I will also place some things on it, that I have seen on other trikes.
The Trike is also a bit higher. The kmx is very low and we have speedbumbs, so I made it similar to my other Trike.

Maybe this will be the color scheme for my build. Just like yours Danny, yellow and black but not with stripes. 😁

Emiel

Have you seen the Trike design primer here ?

Hellbent cycles

About the first thing you need to plan on a tadpole is the chain line , else all sorts of problems occur ....

Paul

Emiel

Have you seen the Trike design primer here ?

Hellbent cycles

About the first thing you need to plan on a tadpole is the chain line , else all sorts of problems occur ....

Paul
I haven't seen that but i hjave the chain line already sorted out.
I can use the kmx chain line or change the frame a bit and uise the one i did on my other trike.

That gear ratio is nice. That is where i was looking for.

I went riding today and while riding, I was thinking what yo do with my next build.
I am more and more thinking of adding rear suspension to it. There is space enough under the seat for it. Especially as I use a 20 inch rear where I am also thinking of.