Going for my second build.

Worked on the battery mounts. Not welded to the frame yet, but I can mark them, where yo drill the holes for the plates that will be mounted on them.

Got my fender mounts and I will order an extra set.
Now I need to drill 3 holes in the rear part and then I can mount the rear fender.
Waiting till the batteries are ready, but it goes slow.

I will get an extra set for the front. I can cut them in half and ad 2 or 3 on each wheel. They are aluminum, but strong. Maybe I need to ad 3 instead 2, but that is fine.

I now know how to mount the front fenders.
Going to weld some nuts to the front and I use aluminium fender mounts. The fender mounts come with mounts that you only have to bold to the frame.
For on the fender, I oy have to drill a hole and fix it. By doing that, mount will also be locked.
This way, the fenders will still be adjustable and easy to remove if needed. Also is it lighter than how I wanted before.

Rear I only have to drill 3 holes in the back and bold one fender mount to it. The other one will be fixed to that fender mount.
One hole is to fex the fender to the frame and that is in the front.

Only need to weld my battery mounts to the frame, but first will I drill holes in it, do I can fix the battery plates to it.

Then shorten the front and sand some parts and close some holes.

So not much work that I will do before the end of the month.
After that a powder coat and printing the last parts.

Trike needs to be finished before the end of July, just as my camper. End of July/beginning of August I want to go on a holiday with the combo.
So also saving some money for that.

Hope the fender points are not subject to any vibration ?

It is the devils metal and will fail at the earliest/most inconvenient moment and this is usually inversely proportional to the ease in which the part can be reached and replaced !

Paul

This will hold Paul. I ad 3 instead of 2.
I am not worried about that. Also if their would be a problem, I can easily remove them, where with my first plan, I couldn't do that. As one bended, I had to bend it back and as one brake, I had remove the fender and the mounts would still stick out.

Had to go to get my first vaccination today and went with my trike.
The last weeks I tweaked my trike each time a bit and I can say after today, that it rides great.
I only have to finish it now, but I don't have to do anything with how it rides, suspension and that stuff.
It goes fast trough corners, it is stable, it rolls incredibly well and in corners, the rubbing of the tires is very low.
With everything setup right now, I also ride easily faster without adding more assistance from the motor. I even have used lower settings.

Plans changed a bit.
Going to weld and cut the last things soon.
It will mot be powder coated yet. I will first paint the frame myself. This for 2 reasons. First the company that does it, will be on holiday when I planned the powder coating.
Second, I want yo safe some money for my holiday. This helps a bit.
As I come back, I will get it powder coated.

Trike feels so good, that I did a ride after I got back. The trike felt good from the start, but the small tweaks and setting it up right, just did it.
Wheels in the front point now in the right direction, shifting goes good and the brakes work good.
The bb7's will come on them, because they have a bit more breaking power, but that is only because I will hang the camper behind.

Can't wait to make my trip to Belgium and Germany.

Yesterday and today I did 2 nice trips from 65 and 62km. I learned a lot from my trike. I went with someone on a Hp velotechnic f20.

I new that the traction was less, but on normal roads I have good traction. When I am on gravel/sand roads it is a thing. It was harder to follow the hp, that goes a lot better on those roads. also had to steer a bit, so I was waving a bit over the road.
The other thing is cornering. This is a very big improvement and even more I already knew.
The cornering speed is insane and the steering reacts very good.
Compared to the hp, I can make my corner smaller, have a higher corner speed and fon't have to hang that much into the corner. When I was behind the hp, I had to break because the difference was so big, that else I would ride into him. I felt that I could go even faster than I already did.
Also the trike keeps more speed than my previous trike.
I am happy that I don't have front suspension. You can see the trike hang to the outside in the corner and that it needs way more room to corner.
With the higher pressure on my new trike, I notice that I can keep my corners small.

Yesterday with the 17,5 ah battery that already had 20km done, I had 40% left and we had an average that was above 27km/h.
Today my battery wasn't fully charged, so I had to ride on less assist, but still above 23km/h. We did it a bit slower, but that was fine.

Very happy with my new build.
As the temperature goes down, I will finish it. Now to hot to do something other than riding.

I'll be interested in your view of the matched red calipers versus the BB7.
I know one thing and that us that the red break calipers, wear a lot faster than the bb5 I have on my other trike.
I will adjust them tomorrow, to see what is left, but I am afraid tge the pads that come with it wear out fast.
As it is to much, I will place the bb7's.

Going to take my bike apart.
Tomorrow I will finish all the metal parts.
Then I will paint it temporarily so I can use it for this summer.
Paining will happen this week as it is dry.
Raines today.

Did some work today. Shortened the front, made the m10 good, so the bold can go in. Welden the battery mounts to the frame and closed some holes.

This to do.
Drill 3 holes in the back for the rear fender, weld some m4 or m5 nuts to the front wheel mounts and.
Drilling some holes for the battery mounts, sanding it and then painting it.
After that, putting it togheter and ad the extra lights. Need to print the mounts for the lights.

Matt black will be the front for now. The rear I don't paint yet.

I got some ceramic pads for mine.
I checkt the brack pads and they look still good.
I found out that the outer pad wasn't lock completely, so moved a bit out. Only need to ad jyst it and it is fine again. I probably will as some lock tide.

Mounted the rear fender. Only need to make the threat on the mount that is mounted to the rear part longer. That will be fixed to the middle one, as low as possible.
That will also pull the rear part in and make it nicely follow the tire.
It is now already stable, but the rear one hold the rear, where I will mount a light.
And it makes that it follows the wheel nicely.

I can still adjust the middle one with the hight, but I do that as I finished the rear one. Than I can make it fit nicely.

I will do that after f1 tomorrow.
I will also weld in total 6 m5 nuts to the front steering, so I can ad the fenders on there.

Tomorrow I will make a better photo

Just finished the rear fender.

It is now all fixed and it will not go anywhere.
I will ad some epoxy ad the spot where they are connected. This, so they surtenty will not slide and the small m5 nuts will not come off.
I couldn't tighten them to much.

Now I only need to shorten everything so noting sticks out.

The fender sits even better than I expected that it would be.
Going to make the mounts black.