Going for my second build.

I like the colour scheme.
I had seen it a few days ago in a YouTube video where they changed a cheap race bike, into a midrange race bike. They painted it that color.
Ad first I was thinking to make my trike yellow and black or orange and black. But I changed my mind when I saw this. It looks completely different. I only need to hope if the powder coat is available in that color. Else I will probably ad that color myself.

I work with someone else on it. I use his front mounting system and ad the warrior steering to it. He has a lot of experience with it, so he is helping me.
With the breaks, I go from the bb5 to the bb7. Only the rear one is still a bb5.

I am now collecting parts for it and putting everything in a 3D CAD program. Than can I also check the steering.

I am thinking of making it foldable. This do I can take my trike easier with me and because many public transport companies let you than take it with you for free.
Good to know you are getting some assistance, Peter Eland's work produces a steering with minimal tyre scrub and almost perfect Ackerman right down to the tightest turns.
Although it has to be said tight turns and tadpoles are often strangers because the wheels or handlebars hit the seat rails.
My Loki trike is capable of being ridden on level surfaces virtually hands-free the steering is so precise. Best I have had so far. :)

Most powder coating firms offer the same colours from the same suppliers:-

I have no idea if powder coating is suitable to mix and match like liquid paints and inks. Given it's powder nature I suspect not.

I worked on my new design and the base is ready. I am now working on the steering. As soon as that is ready, than I ad mounts for the batteries, lights, display and phone mounts.

I went for some changes compared to my current trike.
The weight of the trike will be lower. The frame will be lighter, but also the wheels and the seat.
Other tires come on the frame. I go from 2 to 1,35 in front and from 2 to 1,75 in the rear. So lower resistance.
Wheel distance from front yo rear wheel will be shorter. About 100mm shorter than I have now. A bit smaller turning circle.
Seat will be closer to the center of the front wheels. Gives higher cornering speed.
Seat adjustable from 35 degree to about 50.
Rear suspension.
Caster angle from 20 to 12 degree. Gives a lot more steering. With the suspension, this will be bigger than 12 but always less than 20.
Seat 30mm higher than I have now.

There is one thing where I am still looking ad and that is my camber angle. I can put the wheels straight, but as I put them under a small angle, I can give the trike a bit wider wheelbase, without making the trike wider. This way, it still fits trough the door.
But I am looking ad it if I will do so.

There is one 17,5ah battery on its way and I hope to receive it this week.
But end of this month, I will build also a battery.
A 27,5ah battery. This will be placed in one of the 2 cases I mount under the seat. The second case will get also such battery but I will ad that later.
Than I have 2 27,5ah and 1 17,5ah and that will be enough.

I have big plans, so I need a lit of battery. I will pull a lit of weight, so extra battery power is needed to get a good range.

The cases for the lipo, will be metal ammo cases. I will fix tgem on my frame and make tgst I can pullout the lipo and lock it.

In August, I start ordering the metal for the new frame. After that, I will get every month some parts. So it will take several months, but I think that I have my bike finished by the end of this year. No need to build it fast. My current trike us going great.

Also upgrading from bb5 disk brakes in the front, to bb7 in the front. Keeping the rear bb5.

Need it with the higher speeds I will ho and with what I want yo hang behind my trike.

I think you will find 1.35 tyres will be an uncomfortable ride , I personally found 1.5 were too hard and currently run 1.75.

Although that is on a delta.

I tried them on the other trike and it drove good.
I am also looking ad other ones. Marathons or how they are called. I think that they are better for touring and the narrow ones for speed.

I tried them on the other trike and it drove good.
I am also looking ad other ones. Marathons or how they are called. I think that they are better for touring and the narrow ones for speed.
If you look on the Schwalbe web-site they rate all of their tyres against speed, rolling resistance, puncture protection.
I find Marathon+ to be very hard and harsh to ride on but have never had one puncture.
I do like Big-Apples as they are 4-star on protection and offer a decent ride-quality.

I still have a long time before I will order them, so I will see what I do.

Never used tires with puncture protection. But I never went touring. I think that it is a good thing to get something with protection. Risk us higher to get a puncture than on my routes trough the city.

This month I will build my own battery. Waiting for the bms and as that arrives, I will order the cells and pick them up.

Next month I start with ordering parts for my new build. Wheel hubs for the front and the rims.
Also the brake handles. Making front and rear brake.
I think that I will have finished the design by then and make drawings to order the steel.

Drive train will be 8 speed rear. Is a lot cheaper than 9 speed or more and I can use grip gears.

Build will ho a lot faster tgan my previous one.

I finally made my decision on the steering. It will be the same way as the warrior trike, but with the handlebars up. On top of them I make a phone mount and a mount for my e-assist display.

I didn't work it further out, because I use the same system as the warrior trike. The steering will be bend when I ad the steering, so I can make it on the place I like.

Last thing I need to do is adding battery mounts and a mount for my side bags. They will be higher this time, because my battery will else be in the way.

Ordering next month the ice trike hubs and rims.
The avid bb7 disk brakes in the front and a bb5 in the rear.
One dual brake handle and a single one. Both with brake function on it.
Rear hub with 8s and a shimano or SRAM derailler and grip shifter.

I was thinking yo leave the mounting for the side bags away, but I use them a lot. So there comes a removable mounting.

As this is all done and the trike is ready, than I will ad a different rear end to the frame. Because it has suspension, I can easily remove the rear and change it to a quad. I will use the system as the delta trikes have. So I will order one of those plans soon with some other interesting bikes I think.
With the other rear, I can ad a rack and take more stuff with me.

This frame has about a 13mm shorter wheelbase. With all the other changes, I get a smaller turning circle. Better for in the city.

I wanted to finish my bike by the end of the year, but I changed my plans.
Next month I will send my drawings to the factory so they can make a price for the parts that need laser cutting. I then also get the price for the steel.
As soon as I have tgst and it isn't to high, I will order it. Than I can start building my trike soon after that.

I will further only order the front wheels. I will temporarily use my rear wheel and drive train of my current trike to finish it as soon as possible.

Collor I still didn't pick yet. I wanted that surten Collor but that isn't possible with a powder coat. So I must decide if I paint it, or let it powder coat in an other Collor.

The only parts I don't order here in the Netherlands, are the front hubs and rims. All other parts I get here.
The rear wheel rim will also come from Germany to get the same rims in the front and rear. But that will be by the end of the year. But then I hope to ride my trike already.

Just having my current trike and all improvements my new build get, makes that I can't wait longer. I just love to ride and have the things I haven't on my current trike.

Worked on the quad option rear. The quad will be a bit longer, but that way I can also ad a bigger rack on the back.
Other thing I am planning to do, is adding a diff. So both rear wheels will be controlled. I am also looking to lock the diff for more traction if needed.

I looked on how the rear is made on the delta trikes, but all of them have custom hubs and only traction on one wheel.
I am looking to use hubs with 20mm mounting and disk brake. I will mount a disk break on each wheel and also use that part to mount the wheel to the axle. This is way easier to make for me.
I am only thinking to switch to 20 inch in the rear. Because of the way I make the rear, I can make it, so I don't go slower.
Only no indipendent suspension in the rear. I will have suspension, but one spring, just like the trike.

Diff is easy to make, so I will make one myself.
Only not surten what way I will use so I can switch between solid and diff.

I got today my order from iceleta. Well not everything, because they forgot to ad the 20 inch rims.
But all other parts I got. Red nipples, black spokes and the hubs.

I made a 3d model from the hub, so I can use it in my design to check my steering. The hubs are a lot smaller than I expected, so I think that I need to make some small changes in sizes. But that is no problem.

Here is the hub in 3D.

I added the rear part. Not 100% right, but the few mm of the hole placement isn't that bad. I only added to see how it looks with the rear.