Hi, newbie, a little about me and why I gotta get one made!

Well I finally got the first piece of the puzzle, idk how to post pics on here but it’s a nice old mountain bike, everything works, got it for a pretty good price, so on to the next piece,, or taking this one apart?
JR

Website
miscdotgeek.com
The next step, honestly, is to choose a plan and purchase it. They explain everything that needs to be done with what you source. There are also tutorials on the website on how to break down a bicycle, and those deserve a read too.

Unfortunately there's no free ride here (no pun intended). To do this, you're going to need some basic tools that can't be avoided: A welder, a grinder, basic hand tools, and some files. I got my welder for on offerup $15 and fixed it up for another few dollars. $50 at Harbor Freight will get you grinding and cutting disks, a grinder, a file set, some welding rods. Another $25 at a welding shop will get you a helmet. That's under $100 for all needed tools if you shop right. You need a place to work and somebody to help you if you're at risk of having a seizure while welding and grinding etc. That's dangerous.

Then there's $20 for two plans or $36 for six. Still possible to be under $100 at this point. Steel will cost you around $50-75 depending on what's available to you, give or take. That and a few free or almost-free bikes will set you up for success. You can do the whole thing for under $300 for sure, and possibly under $200. But it will cost that, unavoidably.

Another avenue you could explore is that of borrowing tools. Countless people have welders buried under junk in their garage, or have a workshop that hasn't been put to use in a long time. Ask around and see. But no matter what, you're going to have to bite the bullet in some regards and start learning about the practicalities of making this project happen on your own. It's a non-trivial thing to build a bike from scratch, but it's rewarding- and fun!

As you never welded, it looks almost impossible to learn. But even after 20 years not welding, I am building my frame. My welds look terrible, but I clean them and the frame holds me.
Brad made great instructions on how to put the frame togheter with tips and tricks.
It made the build a lit easier and I changed the design.

You can look for companies near you, that work with steel.
I did the same and they cut the steel for me and made dome parts for me.

I could let them Madd the frame completely, but I decided to weld it my self and only let them cut a few things.
But maybe there is a company near you, that can help you if needed.
I decided to do most by myself to save money and use it as a learning experience.
And I am happy that I decided to make it myself. After this project, I will start with a project for a shop, but also on my next project.

If possible, try to build it yourself. Else I would try to look for a factory near you, that maybe can help you.
As you want to let it be made by a factory, than you need work drawings. Many factories prefer work drawings and will not cut a bike in parts to use it.

As you lived near me, then I would have build a bike with you.

One tip, check how you want to sit on the trike. I raised my seat a bit and didn't go for the low angle what I first wanted. Getting out wasn't that easy and still is harder than getting of a normal chair, but a lit better than I planned for first.
Low is great, but as you can't get on and off the trike, then you won't ride a lot.

Emiel

As you never welded, it looks almost impossible to learn. But even after 20 years not welding, I am building my frame. My welds look terrible, but I clean them and the frame holds me.
Brad made great instructions on how to put the frame togheter with tips and tricks.
It made the build a lit easier and I changed the design.

You can look for companies near you, that work with steel.
I did the same and they cut the steel for me and made dome parts for me.

I could let them Madd the frame completely, but I decided to weld it my self and only let them cut a few things.
But maybe there is a company near you, that can help you if needed.
I decided to do most by myself to save money and use it as a learning experience.
And I am happy that I decided to make it myself. After this project, I will start with a project for a shop, but also on my next project.

If possible, try to build it yourself. Else I would try to look for a factory near you, that maybe can help you.
As you want to let it be made by a factory, than you need work drawings. Many factories prefer work drawings and will not cut a bike in parts to use it.

As you lived near me, then I would have build a bike with you.

One tip, check how you want to sit on the trike. I raised my seat a bit and didn't go for the low angle what I first wanted. Getting out wasn't that easy and still is harder than getting of a normal chair, but a lit better than I planned for first.
Low is great, but as you can't get on and off the trike, then you won't ride a lot.

Emiel
I’ve welded, was pretty good at it, and being a plumber just mastered soldering pipes, idk what to do as for a seat, find one or make one? In time..
JR

I got one from a recumbent bike shop.
I had to do some work on it, so I got it cheaper.
There are a few cheap recumbent for sale near me, that gave also a nice seat and I am thinking of buying one or 2 of them for parts and the seat.

But many make one themselve.
I looked ad making one, but the one I wanted to make was to complicated to do without the right tools. That is why I bought one.

Today I go back to the shop for some parts and for something on it. He has several and as none of them fit, he can get one that fits my seat.

But for an other design trike, I probably will use an old foldable chair. But that is more an upright trike.

There’s really nothing around here, and not being able to drive makes it harder, I thought cut up an Adirondack chair to fit, they got that tipped back position, but then also thought race seat,
JR

Website
miscdotgeek.com
I used a skateboard with one of the "up" ends cut off as the back of my seat, and the curved bottom piece from an office chair for the bottom, cut up quite a bit of course. I bought some foam and fabric and stapled the fabric to the wood. Voila, seat.

Here's a thought for a seat. I have two of these, no longer used for the lawn.

I have cut one up, and used the frame on my StreetRunner windshield frame.

Maybe, you can adapt this type to your build.

Posting Pics

Try imgBB.com or Postimg.cc

Well I found a few pieces of metal for a frame, four in all two in which are bent correctly, so maybe where the seat goes?
JR