HI!

So I'm new to the group. I was recomended by someone who was selling an R-Trike. but messaging even 4 hours after the post went live I was too late. I used to be an avid cyclist, riding all year round in Douth Western Ontario Canada. So snow was involved. About 11yrs ago a recurring health issue hit hard, so now I'm considered permanently disabled. I bought a bile last year to try to get back into riding after a long absence. Summer seemed to be going well as I built up distance and confidence at being of a bike for 11 yrs. But a med change brought me balance issues which caused me to actually fall off the bike ahen coming to a stop and trying to get off. Enough so, that I ended up walking me bike home a few times. So a Recumbent is the way to go. But as you know they are not cheap if don't have the space or skills to build one. So I'm really hoping someone has an old one up if the rafters of the garage or parts. But beng single and on disability really hampers the expendable cash issue. So if your in SWO Canada and have some parts or an ainchent bike that needs TLC around, please let me know.

Yes Maddox, shipping can be really expensive. I know I can get stuff shipped from countries cheaper than I can get something shipped from the USA for some reason. Every country seems to be different in how much it costs to ship to.

Slightly old thread, but here's my $0.02 (or whatever that would be in CDN$).

1) Keep scouring forums and e-bay (obviously). Shipping will still be an issue, and most trikes don't disassemble well, so there's that, ....

2) If you want to go with an AZ design, either learn to weld, or find a friend/acquaintance who does, and offer to make it worth their time (free beer, $$$ or whatever). Then you can get exactly what you want. The delta runner and tri-cruiser both look good, and the tri-cruiser can probably handle snow well (you still get snow up there in Canada, right? Global warming hasn't ended that yet, ....)

Good luck with it.

Martin