Interesting stick welding technique

I was today years old when I just learned this way to stick weld. Please keep in mind that I have been stalking these forums for more than 14 years, and pretty much have everything I need to build an AZ bike, or 3, except the square tube steel, and a working knowledge of how to weld. I have scavenged a lot of parts from several donor bikes. I just bought a welder earlier this year, and the only thing I have done with it was take it out of the box. I have watched countless hours of welding instruction videos, and thanks to a brain injury I suffered a few years ago, every time I get the urge to plug the welder in and give it a rip, my brain gets flooded with a thousand "what if" kinda questions and concerns. I know.........shut up and plug the dam thing in, but then I found this video.

You wont weld all the parts on a bench. Much will get welded in situ on a part welded frame. You can employ that technique even away from the bench though. Keep the rod at an angle along the run of the weld and instead of moving the rod holder as the rod burns down keep the holder in place and simply allow the shortening of the rod to be the draw accross the weld.

Lots of extra carbon in that weld perhaps? :)