Kids bike into a T-Rex

Website
miscdotgeek.com
Hey everyone,

My sister in law loves dinosaurs like crazy, so I got the idea to use scrap bike parts and left over metal from my trike build to make her a dinosaur. Here it is before paint:

The tail is a fork leg, the body is a kids bike, the neck is a seat post, the head is two seats. The arms are a 5/8" wrench cut in half with the closed end opened up. The legs are chain stays. The feet are left over 3/4" square tube. It's getting paint next, and I'll post pictures when it's done.

Hey everyone,

My sister in law loves dinosaurs like crazy, so I got the idea to use scrap bike parts and left over metal from my trike build to make her a dinosaur. Here it is before paint:

The tail is a fork leg, the body is a kids bike, the neck is a seat post, the head is two seats. The arms are a 5/8" wrench cut in half with the closed end opened up. The legs are chain stays. The feet are left over 3/4" square tube. It's getting paint next, and I'll post pictures when it's done.
Super Cool idea! Are you painting it T Rex colors?

Very nice. Honetly i may make 1 inspired by this (total idea steal sorry). I usually do wood sculptures, but this is too cool + i also know a dinosaur lover + i have an extra kid's bike + the frame body, and the 2 seats for a head work so well.

Isn't dinosaurs colour completely unknown? 😜🤓
Apparently, you missed the highly acclaimed 'Jurrasic Park' and 'Jurrasic World' ... documentaries.
And then there is the historical value coming from the 'Journey To the Center of the World'.🤪🧐

I admire any type of art as I have zero artistic ability myself. My two daughters have some ability in that area but they didn't get it from me. I think it'd be nice to strip all paint off it and let it rust but then I also admit I know nowt.

Website
miscdotgeek.com
Here's the finished product:

When I showed it to my sister in law, she was so extremely excited! It was really nice to be able to make this for her. I surprised myself with how it turned out.

I strengthened the "knee" joints in the legs by simply welding on them to add some metal. The metal was already getting fatigued due to the constant repositioning. I also added little 'back claws' to support it because after adding the tail, it kept falling backwards.

As for "stealing" it, I hope you do! I posted it here for that very reason :) Also the texturing you see on it is just hitting it with a cutoff disk and dragging welding rod across it. Worked great!

Almost forgot, he has a name: Recyclosaurus Wrex