linear drive anyone ?

Hi all

Is the front made from a car luggage box ? or wheelie bin ?

Linear drive 4 wheeler

Looks uncomfortable to ride me ?

A linear drive is supposed to be favoured when reducing frontal area because the feet don't rotate ? seems to have missed the bus with that one ?

Paul

Last edited:
Hmmm....
I'm not sure what to make of it at all. The clip is a "teaser" with no chance to see it really in hard-riding action.
It appears to have some suspension elements, but I'd like to see it doing a hard/fast corner.
The friction losses in those cables must be pretty high compared to a standard crank & chain drive.
Good to see the SA Drum Brakes on it.

Thanks for sharing.

Well made, looks pretty good
.. but i hate the silly tiny steering wheel, would be annoying turning with it i think.
Don't see much linear drive, but its intriguing, n i can't see in the vdeo exactly how its setup- Those loops of cables at the front?, would love to try one.

Nice find. Thanks for posting.

Linear drive is a massive loss of power from a regular pedal, especially at higher reciprocal speeds. To keep losses to a minimum you have to gear it to keep the reciprocal action as slow as possible so you can catch up to the action as early as possible on each stroke. It's probably of more use as a legal way of supplying human power to a primarily electric drive.