new build - Voyager LWB

I decided to try a 2 wheel bent again. Previously made a High roller but found it difficult to ride so that project was dismantled and pieces were re purposed. So this time it's the Voyageur LWB. I acquired a full suspension mountain bike with 26" wheels. It's been taken apart, a bracket has been added to give it a rear disc brake and it will get the Bafang BBS02 mid drive motor. I'll post up a picture of the progress soon.

I will be watching your build of the Voyager as I may do the Tomahawk. May even put a FrontRunner FWD on it.

Some progress to mention. For now 3 pictures, 1st shows the donor mountain bike rear triangle cleaned up with a rear disc mount added. 2nd shows a brkt over the original bottom brkt hole that will enable me to mount a chain management pulley right in line with the suspension pivot, this in hopes of minimizing any pogo effect from pedaling. 3rd just shows the so far unupholstered seat and the unpainted main frame with the rear wheel underneath. Many little details to be finished before the frame length can be set and the forks added. It will be getting my Bafang BBS02 mid drive added so at least that part is ready.

Well I ran into a photo problem seems postimage ow wants money
Are you sure ? they have not asked for any money from me and I was able to use them yesterday ?

Question are you nice and clean & dry with no floor , because the front wheel is not inside the body ?
Just thinking ahead to my build.

Paul

When companies change their business model they normally roll out such changes to only some users to see the results. It's not unexpected that only some will be affected. Depending on those results - ie how many move elsewhere vs paying then the policy will either be expanded or dropped.

Tried post image again today and it worked. The bike is coming along but still needs quite a bit of work. I',ve got the motor mounted and the chainline setup. I deviated from the plans by making both wheels 26" and using a front suspension fork. In order to get my pedals low enough the frame got a drop down section for the motor to attach to. Shifting caused some grief I wound up using a 7 speed gearset by shimano shifted by a sram 8 speed grip shifter. Was able to adjust it to work fine with the 7 speeds.

Stormbird this LWB will get fenders and maybe a small front fairing to keep my feet dry but being a 2 wheeler no plans to give it a body.

Stormbird this LWB will get fenders and maybe a small front fairing to keep my feet dry but being a 2 wheeler no plans to give it a body.
Sorry my bad , the question was about the delta you built ?

Paul

Well on the blue fat wheel trike that was the first enclosed experiment, the front wheel was outside the body. Even though it had no floor it kept this rider clean and dry in one 5 hour ride taken in a neverending rain which included some serious downpours. The yellow delta had an open mesh front nose, its front wheel was enclosed and once the windshield was modified to be a complete front cover rain was not an issue head on. However the sides were open to allow me to reach the buttons our city installed on the roadsides to activate a crosswalk sign that tells car drivers to stop for walkers/bike riders. So some rain came in from the sides. One takeaway from the 2 experiments is hub motors suck, mid drive seemed to work much better.

Hugh

Great insight from real life experiences , thanks.

I assume the hub motor problems stem from unable to take advantage of the gearing the bike already had ?

Shame as I was hoping to use a pusher trailer with hub motor and batteries just for times when I wanted electric assist.
Although I hope that is some time in the future [ like a few years ] and NOT just around the corner !

Paul