New Site Observation

Hi Brad

Hope I'm not stepping on any toes. The following, hopes to give you some idea how the new site is working, from this members perspective.

New Site – Observation

It's early yet, in the life of this new site, but 'for me' I see a trend developing. The bunching up of unrelated thread subjects, into two main subject area's....
General Chat. (Anything But Religion and Politics) and (Discuss Your Bike, Trike and Chopper Projects).
As the number of threads increases, in each of the two categories, trying to find, 'subject specific' threads, will become arduous at best.

The Old Site

In particular Tips, Tutorials, and Resources – Learn and Share Valuable Information
The old site did very well in subdividing the subjects, which made it much easier to search and find relevant subject matter and posts.
While reviewing my own threads, I noticed that a number of contributors had offered tips, to 'suppliers'. (Old site..Tools and Parts Sources)

The Discuss Bicycle-Related Projects Here discussions relating to builds, has been by far, the most popular posting category.
Maybe some thread subject categorizing, would be beneficial for future retrieval and viewing.
Before the current 'General Chat' library gets to full of books (threads), it would be nice if the category breakdown, was similar to the old forum.

Something like this:

Discuss Your Bike Trike and Chopper Projects
(Add the below categories, or more)

General Discussion
Build Posts
Bikes
Electric
Trikes
Quads
Choppers
Other Build Projects

Tips, Tutorials and Resources – Learn and Share Valuable Information. (As it was in the old site, or a condensed version)

Axles
Bearings
Bike Hacking
Brakes & Cables
Donor Bikes
Forks
Frame Building
Tools and Parts Sources
etc, etc.

Anyway, just some thoughts, for your consideration.

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
Thanks, I will stick this one and let it stew for a while.
Since I won't have a second of free time for a few weeks, by then others may add to it.
I agree that a further subdividing need to happen.

Ps...
Don't ever worry about "my" toes, I wear safety boots at all times.

Thanks!
Brad

Thanks, I will stick this one and let it stew for a while.
Since I won't have a second of free time for a few weeks, by then others may add to it.
I agree that a further subdividing need to happen.

Ps...
Don't ever worry about "my" toes, I wear safety boots at all times.

Thanks!
Brad
Thanks Brad