Pictures of Tongsheng install please.

Hi all,
I recently got my Street Fox back on the road after a strip down and rebuild. I set out with the intention of making it an Ebike but didn't just yet.
I am now toying with retro-fitting a 250W Tongsheng mid-drive, or starting from scratch with a Warrior build.
The Tongsheng seems like the best option for Europe and I don't want the option of full electric, but I am having a problem visualizing how one of the mid-drive units will mount on either the Street Fox or Warrior , can anyone share pictures of their installs and share their experience.

Shoog

Mechanical install is the same as a Bafang, a gazillion of those on Youtube.

Wiring, if it's simular to the Bafang, it's easy as drinking a pint of Guinness. Just connect the connectors following color and male/female.

Its how it sits on the manufactured bottom bracket which I am interested in. It can't hang down below as in the typical install so it must be rotated in some way.

Then point it up. I don't see a problem there. The crankshaft still runs on the original place.

Or cut the boom as short as possible and have the motor point forward. Just like on Grey Ghost.

Then point it up. I don't see a problem there. The crankshaft still runs on the original place.

Or cut the boom as short as possible and have the motor point forward. Just like on Grey Ghost.
I have no problem with that, but seeing how other people did it is always useful.

Hi all,
I recently got my Street Fox back on the road after a strip down and rebuild. I set out with the intention of making it an Ebike but didn't just yet.
I am now toying with retro-fitting a 250W Tongsheng mid-drive, or starting from scratch with a Warrior build.
The Tongsheng seems like the best option for Europe and I don't want the option of full electric, but I am having a problem visualizing how one of the mid-drive units will mount on either the Street Fox or Warrior , can anyone share pictures of their installs and share their experience.

Shoog
It is very easy. The motor will be mounted on the top. You only need to make that it can't rotate, but that is also easy with an extra strip.
Placing the motor is easy, the thing that you need to do, is order extension wire for the speed sensor. That is what you need to reach the rear or one of the front wheels.
Maybe you need to extend the display wire also, but that depends on where you place it.
I didn't needed to, because I placed it so the cable was long enough.

I have now the motor on my City bike, but I am putting a bafang motor on my new build. Mounted the same way. It is on top of the frame, instead of hanging under it. It is no problem.

I was thinking that it was hard, but these motors are very easy to mount. You will see it as you mount them.

Also, put the battery on the back of the seat and not in the front. The balance is then a lot better.
You can very easily extend those wires.

You will see how easy it is, as you have the motor and mount it on the bike.
Most work is extending and running the wires down the frame.

One more thing. Don't place the magnet to close to the sensor. That will give problems with the Tsdz2. A few mm space is good.

On top of the frame. Don't worry, it works fine.
My Bafang just rotated around until it stopped against the changer post. No problems.

Here's a Tongsheng and my Drypod.

And here's the two bolts I welded on to the bottom bracket to mount it. Those two bolts are effectively the lower stays on a conventional bike and the Tongsheng has a bracket that mounts to them. As others have said you simply rotate it so it rests against the bottom bracket mounting.

Indeed you can but there's not a lot of room left near those bars with me in there. Doubtless the bodywork will get in the way of me seeing the display where it is so I'll want it mounted to the body which will need to wait until I've finalised it. I've been pondering what to do with the canopy all winter and have at last come to the conclusion that a convertible rather than a hard top will be best so will be attacking that soon.

Mounting to the body is also an option.
Waiting till you know where to place it, is the best. Else you need to change it later again.

I like the build. Looks good.

Twinkle

Super Moderator
Here is one l wrote earlier

Here is one l wrote earlier

Thats a fantastic thread, and just what I was looking for. Its interesting that you managed to squeeze in two rings on the front and retained the derailleur to boot. Hows that working out practically ?

Before I get to do any of this I am on a side project to upgrade the crappy side pull brakes i fitted to the Street Fox. Fortunately when I got the front BMX wheels I was sent two with freewheel taps which means I can add adapters and disks. Then its just a matter of welding on mounts for the calipers.

Before I get to do any of this I am on a side project to upgrade the crappy side pull brakes i fitted to the Street Fox. Fortunately when I got the front BMX wheels I was sent two with freewheel taps which means I can add adapters and disks. Then its just a matter of welding on mounts for the calipers.
You can add an adapter and disc to the right hand wheel but if you do that to the left hand wheel with the disc on the right the brakes will undo the adapter as you brake. Depending on your hubs you could do the bodge I did with some epoxy adhesive and bolting the adapter through the hub.

I saw your picture and got my inspiration from it. The flange is big enough to bolt through so will bolt and glue.