Project chopper

Have done a 4 to 5 mile ride, I have a bicycle track, asphalt, about a mile from where i live and it's perfect for testing new builds.
So I went there. The e-assist doesn't work as I expected. I feel a pull when I set of but after that I can't fell it give much assist and the 1-5 levels of assist doesn't seem to make any great different either.
I also found that I got more assist when i pushed with my left foot, the torque sensor is on my left side, compered to the right. My basic setup is torque sensor and controller only.
My next move is to fit a throttle and drive manual to see what assist I can expect from the motor.
The seat was also very uncomfortable and need to be changed. Because the e-assist didn't give me much help, I had to work hard with my legs, I live in a hill town, and the only way to counter the push is with your arms. I'm not used using my arms after 3 years riding on a phyton.
The chain also jumped of when i rode over a bumpy section, luckily it was near my house, and with a fixed drive you can't just lift on the chain again. Have to remember to bring a spanner, for the rear wheel, with me next time.

Did some digging on the net and added a thumb throttle and speed sensor, I also changed some parameters in the controller.
Now I have power, can do wheel spin with the thumb control, I also tested different control units and got it all working.
The additional speed sensor was not needed, there was one already built in to the torque controller.
But I seem to got more power with the additional speed sensor?
At first the motor disengaged with reverse pedaling, that function is now lost?
So it time to brake the bike to bits again and finish the front brake, so I can get the motor to dissengage, and a lot of other small things, like making a gear stick.
I do like the thumb control, but I don't like the chinese plastic thumb controller, what can be done?
I also have invested in a reasonable priced chinese lath, so now i have some more fabrications options open for me.

Next part on the list is a gear stick.
Had a piece of tube which just needed some inner and outer adjustment in the lath.
Glued on a drawing with marking for the cuts.

Cut the slots, and a tube to fit over the slots.

After some welding and grinding

Cut a piece of 10mm tube and a squashed 1/2" tube for T handle

Not to keen on the look, so back to the drawing board.

that's better, transfer to some 3mm steel.

Now I have to wait for the glue to dry before I can continue.