Retrieving post from the old archived threads

How do I reclaim the thread "Down Under Fast recumbent Quadcycle F-RQ" from the archives?
it is my only build record, and I need to have it accessible so I can start rebuilding the F-RQ again, after so many years of it sitting neglected

Thanx
PeterT

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
I wish I had something other than bad news, but I don't. They are gone.

Beginning this year, I was faced with a decision; shut down AZ or try to fix the old site and get hosting costs under control.

I spent a few months redoing everything from the old windows host to more modern unix, and consolidated hosting into something affordable. I actually had the old forum up and running (it was not easy!), and put a notice that it was on life support. I kept it running as long as I could, but AZ was crashing several times a week, and I was getting warnings from the ISP... remove that leaky forum or we will kick you off this server.

So I pulled the plug a month ago, and they were right, the site is running perfectly again. The old VBulletin forum will never run again. I do have an archive, but it would require days of setting up something like wamp here, and then hand copying images and text. Most of my time right now is going to job searching, or I probably would try that. Maybe next year when I am in a more stable position.

Sorry for all bad news,
Brad

no probs Brad, I understand about the need for employment over hobbies, we need the employment to fund our hobbies
All the best
PeterT

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
Thanks.
If I ever have an empty unix hosting to spare, I will drop the old beast back on for a few months. It will still function as read only, but it just can't live on my new host.
Shared hosting will even work, but the only other server I have (spare) is windows hosting.
Brad