Scammer on eBay - seems to be above the law!

KoolKat

Administrator
Staff member
Website
www.ATOMICZOMBIE.com
FYI - someone on eBay is violating eBay's copyright policies (https://www.ebay.ca/pages/help/sell/copyrights.html) and infringing on Atomic Zombie's copyright rights.

This person is not authorized to sell AZ's plans or use any of AZ's copyrighted materials, including pictures: https://www.ebay.com/usr/mitvix2011?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

It appears that he/she rips off others' work, so if you have a few minutes, please report this scammer to eBay.

Many thanks to the fantastic AZ supporter who found the scammer and alerted us.

I have reported the item as counterfeit.

KoolKat

Administrator
Staff member
Website
www.ATOMICZOMBIE.com

KoolKat

Administrator
Staff member
Website
www.ATOMICZOMBIE.com
Thanks, everybody. Please keep reporting this scammer to eBay. He rips off others' work and sells it as his own, stealing pictures from legitimate web sites and galleries. This type of person should be permanently banned from selling online. https://www.ebay.com/usr/mitvix2011

KoolKat

Administrator
Staff member
Website
www.ATOMICZOMBIE.com
New message to: mitvix2011

"Copyright infringements

A copyright is the legal protection given to authors of creative works such as movies, music, software, photographs, and books, both published and unpublished. Copyright protection prevents others from using the work without permission.

Image and text

Using someone else's image or description without permission could violate copyright laws. If you use text or an image that was created by someone else be sure that you have permission to use the text or image.

Examples
• Images or text copied from other websites or internet searches.
• Stock photos and text used without permission.
• Scans or text copied from catalogs or advertisements.

Media, software, movies, paintings

Selling unauthorized copies of media, software, movies, or paintings violates copyright laws. Unauthorized copies include but aren't limited to backup, pirated, duplicated, or bootlegged copies. Copyright protection prevents others from using creative works without permission. It may also limit the right to distribute the copyrighted product."

Remove all pictures and listings forthwith.

Hybrid freestyle DIY Pedal and eletric BMX bike Build Your Own
Item no: 163616119560
Seller: mitvix2011
-----------------------
cargo bikes recumbent trike tricycle delta bike DIY PLANS
Item no: 163616148617
-----------------------
recumbent quad cycle cattrike cat 4 car four wheeled bike car DIY PLANS
Item no: 163617178247
-----------------------
Recumbent trike Plans DIY Pedal triCycle bike Build Your Own
Item no: 163606696723
-----------------------
tricycle recumbent trike bike side by yside dual two seat DIY PLANS
Item no: 163616127942

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
I actually took the high road and asked this seller to remove the items, and this was the response...

"i dont have to stop to sell because you can do nothing from your Usa. i can relist if you try to ban these"

I looked up the user and he seems to show as being from Brazil. I assume by "Usa", he means North America, that big chunk of land across the sea. Sadly relisting is exactly what he does. Seems it takes more than 3 reports from unique ebay accounts to get them taken down.

Perhaps continued reporting will actually motivate ebay to stop making transaction fees off the backs of the small people like us, who are just trying to make ends meet doing an honest business. The user has just about every possible DIY plan on his site (at inflated prices), even those that are posted to the public domain and meant to be free! It's a sad world indeed when people like this can win.

Thanks to all who have participated in the reporting of this slithering snake!

Brad

I actually took the high road and asked this seller to remove the items, and this was the response...

"i dont have to stop to sell because you can do nothing from your Usa. i can relist if you try to ban these"

I looked up the user and he seems to show as being from Brazil. I assume by "Usa", he means North America, that big chunk of land across the sea. Sadly relisting is exactly what he does. Seems it takes more than 3 reports from unique ebay accounts to get them taken down.

Perhaps continued reporting will actually motivate ebay to stop making transaction fees off the backs of the small people like us, who are just trying to make ends meet doing an honest business. The user has just about every possible DIY plan on his site (at inflated prices), even those that are posted to the public domain and meant to be free! It's a sad world indeed when people like this can win.

Thanks to all who have participated in the reporting of this slithering snake!

Brad
Would it help to send his reply to EBAY?

OR ! Better yet Brad, Fight fire with fire.
Just a thought. Post your plans on EBAY. @ your prices, with reference to beware of fakes/scammers.
I have seen products that have posted 'WARNINGS' about impostors/counterfeiters, on their sites.

Here to help, as can.

Last edited:

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
We used to do ebay, and I hate to say it, but the level of intelligence there.... not so good!
A surprisingly large percentage of users would ask things like this...

• How do you ship the bike?
  • Do I have to put anything together, or is it assembled?
  • Is there some place I can test ride first before you send the trike to me?
Yeah... I am going to ship your $16.95 recumbent trike by fedex overnight. I will throw in an extra set of carbon fibre rims as well.

I mean... come on!!!!
I think some ebay users may be at the same level as those that watch "Temptation Island".
Never had anything like that anyplace else.

Wish I was exaggerating, I really do.

Brad

SirJoey

Super Moderator
We used to do ebay, and I hate to say it, but the level of intelligence there.... not so good!
Wish I was exaggerating, I really do.
Same here! I used to sell stuff on there, mostly collectibles, & I'd run into the morons as well,
but that's not why I quit selling there. For me, it was because of eBay's continuous shabby
treatment of the sellers.

It's a buyer's paradise, but sellers get treated worse than dogs, & it kept getting worse & worse,
till they finally did me dirty one too many times by letting a buyer attack me TWICE with bad feedback,
even AFTER I GAVE HIM A FULL REFUND! UNBELIEVABLE! That was the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back"! :mad:

SirJoey

Super Moderator
I've tried & tried to figure out how to report this scumbag on eBay, but I see no way to do it.
I've searched their help files & everything, but all to no avail.

The scumbag is even using a pic of a Rhoades Car (and others) in one of his listings!
He didn't even edit the brand name out of the pic (probably doesn't know how). You can SEE IT!
As a former Rhoades Car customer, I contacted Rhoades Car & reported the incident to them though.
Maybe THEY will have better luck getting this jerk booted off eBay, IDK. Hope springs eternal...

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
They do make it hard to find.
About midway down the page for each stolen plan, you will find this...

You can then drop down the first 4 selections like this to get the text box and submit button...

You can only type about 1 sentence in that box, and I have been telling Ebay that this is a reoccuring problem.

On a side note, last night the idiot emailed me again with tha audacity to say this...

This scammer thinks he can do whatever he wants with the efforts of others.
Sadly, ebay fully enables him, and even makes a fee off these fraudulent transactions.

Brad

Last edited:

SirJoey

Super Moderator
I DID IT, thanx to your step-by-step instructions, Brad!
Not that hard once you know where to go!
Reported 4 items, all Atomic Zombie plans.
Let's just keep hammering eBay with this!