StreetFighter Steering

Sup, I'm fairly new to this hobby, but have a good idea regarding mechanics and how things work as I am into cars as well. I purchased the plans for the StreetFighter and Timberwolf and plan on building around the StreetFighter chassis. Where I'm currently confused about is the steering. The bearing that is referenced; is that what's already attached to the fork (with the forks cut off)? Sorry for any confusing verbage; I can clarify if needed. Thanks for your time and help.

Kevin

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
All bearings used are just the head tube bearings that came from the parts salvaged.
Here are some tuts, including several on head tubes and bearings...

Cheers,
Brad

All bearings used are just the head tube bearings that came from the parts salvaged.

Cheers,
Brad
I found the tutorial regarding the head tubes, but the only thing I'm not 100% clear about is the actual fork itself. The two "ear" pieces get cut off, right?

Thanks again

Cheers,
Brad
I was able to clarify this as I was scrolling through the plans regarding something else. I was originally looking at page 10 or 11, but needed close to page 100 😳😂 Since I haven't had a day off, it's not easy to flip through it in one sitting, however, I have been able to start a parts list and some minor sourcing thanks to the plans.

I found the tutorial regarding the head tubes, but the only thing I'm not 100% clear about is the actual fork itself. The two "ear" pieces get cut off, right?

Thanks again
Yes, you only need the top part with the bearings and a short part ad the bottom to mount the part for the steering to the front wheel.