Taking inspiration from the Warrior.

New here and just started a build using the Warrior plans for inspiration/guidance. Today I began a headfirst dive down the rabbit hole with the general frame build and decided to stream it live. Made a few mistakes but I’ve come up with alterations for the next stream. :) I’m a full time bladesmith near Hershey, PA and no stranger to fabrication, normally machines and tools for the shop. Anyway, figured I’d share today’s work with the forum! I’ll be doing alterations to the build during the next stream aka correcting my “mistakes”. :)

-J

Just a quick update.. so as much as I wanted to stick with a warrior build, the powers that be didn't let that happen. However, I've definitely been having fun drawing inspiration from the plans!

So nice that you told him that he had no breaks after he drove away. 😂😂

Looks good and goes fast without pedaling.

So nice that you told him that he had no breaks after he drove away. 😂😂

Looks good and goes fast without pedaling.
He knew, I just felt like I should remind him. :) We have a 2 acre back yard so plenty of test riding space! Added a rear brake yesterday, but since I had to go with some 20” wheels not capable of mount discs I’m working out a way to work v brakes onto the front, probably close to how the street fox does it. It’s either that or I can mill and/or CNC plasma cut some hardware to mount discs similar to how my drive sprocket mounts on my 80cc beach cruiser.

Took a ride on the road and trails tonight, 26 miles. Averaged 22mph. Very comfortable at 25 mph and hit a max of 31. Also on the list of things to do is the chain system, still having issues with gearing.

J

You can get other hubs and ad disk brakes.
Definitely an option and one that will be done on the next build. Yup, bit by the bug, gotta keep making more! Before that I have a lot more to learn about lacing rims because the quote I got from my local shop to spoke two wheels with hubs I supplied was $175. :)

-J