TEN YEARS in the making!!! Presenting the M-1.5!!!

SirJoey

Super Moderator
I liked the straight boom of the M-1, but I liked the suspenstion
of the M-2, so I combined them, thus the M-1.5!

Sportin' non-indexing shifters (my favorite), & blue tires with solid tubes, so no worries about flats! ...EVER! :giggle:
The overcast day doesn't show the sparkle of the glitter paint, so probably more pics later, when the sun is out!

Thanx to Jim at Flaming Eyeball Graphics for the excellent work on the "Knowa Zark 2" stickers!

Great work, & shipped 'em to me in a New York Minute! Contact him at FlamingEyeballGraphics@gmail.com!

Last edited:
Nobody could say they didn't see you. Those colours are very bold. The colour co-ordinated bottle is a nice touch and the seat is superb.

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Nobody could say they didn't see you. Those colours are very bold. The colour co-ordinated bottle is a nice touch and the seat is superb.
Thanx, Popshot. The seat, of course, was
purchased a long time ago. I didn't make it.

Lovely work Sir Joey! :)

Another classic build. Very easy on the eye indeed.

Can you explain to me how you manage to drink from that water bottle while pedaling along? ;)

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Thanx, Danny! Very kind of you!

Ok, eagle eye, as for the bottle fiasco, well.... er....
uh... ya see... haven't QUITE worked that out yet! :LOL:

Although I'm thinking... maybe one of those grabber things short
people use to grab things off high shelves they can't quite reach. ;)

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
Most excellent!! Glad to see another Sir Joey machine hitting the street! One day when I am too old to farm, I shall return to building bikes!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Brad

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Most excellent!! Glad to see another Sir Joey machine hitting the street! One day when I am too old to farm, I shall return to building bikes!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Brad
Ah, kind words from the KING! Just made my day! Thanx, Brad!
Your great, easy to follow plans make it all possible!

I LOVE the soft ride of the suspension on this thing, however the handling is gonna take some getting used to!
It's always harder to balance something that's lower to the ground, & additionally, my balance isn't what it once
was, but I think it'll all work out once I have a few miles on 'er, & get past those "beginner wobbles". o_O
Right now, I look like some kind of rank amateur! :LOL:

Yikes it's LOW , LONG and PURPLE ...

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Yikes it's LOW , LONG and PURPLE ...
Yes, indeed! Love it or hate it, it's all of those, for sure! 😄

And I tried to keep it short as possible, keeping everything tight as possible. Main boom
barely long enough to fit me, with nothing left over out front, suspension spring nearly
touching seat support tube, etc, but still, she's about as long as... dare I say it... Knowa Zark. :LOL:

Also, I gave Brad & AZ a plug over on BROL:

http://www.bentrideronline.com/messageboard/showthread.php?p=1652307#poststop

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Congrats @SirJoey ! Last I heard, you weren't in a place that you could build. I guess that's changed, and all for the better! :)
Oh, how I wish that was true! Actually none of that has changed. I still live in an apartment, still don't have a shop or tools anymore.
What I do still have, including the HPVs that survived the move & downsizing, is all in a storage unit nearly a mile away.

This bike was probably 95% finished when I moved & lost everything, so all I really did was finish cleaning several
years of rust off the frame, paint it, install some new tires & solid tubes, cable it up, slap some vinyl stickers on it,
make some final adjustments, & call it done. :)

Well done, Sir Joey!
I think I would have called that one Purple Nurple (a close relative of the Texas Tornado and/ or Titty Twister. (Just don't try that with your sister.))
Jeffstuff!

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Well done, Sir Joey!
I think I would have called that one Purple Nurple (a close relative of the Texas Tornado and/ or Titty Twister. (Just don't try that with your sister.))
Jeffstuff!
Thanks, Jeff!

Given the color, I could've called it the Barney Bike, as my wife likes to do.... :rolleyes:

So glad you're able to be out and about with your creation.

About that 'drinking bottle' thing. Isn't that what hoses are for? :unsure:
Of course, if you have COPD, maybe not such a good idea.

Being as resourceful as I know you are, then a mechanical pump system while you're pedaling, might be the answer.

Actually I'm having flashbacks from the 'DIY shower', and non-functioning 'water heater' days.