Warrior trike frame jigs

I´d love to start building my warrior trike (years of procrastination) and I´m wondering if you guys know any jigs for welding the frame in correct angles that are worth building. I remember Spinner had a very nice album from guilding his trike, but it´s no longer available.

Thanks

For my (almost finished) Warrior build I have used three very basic molds. Until now they did hold up well enough.

The first one is for the frame. This is derived from Brads method using buckets. I don't have buckets but wood is available.

The second jig I have build (in fact you need two types of them) is for the front and rear wheel. Two for the front wheels.
No fancy corners in this one, just two blocks cut with 45 degrees and with the thickness of the inflated tires. Placed between some wood.

Top view. Same goes for the rear wheel (although the dimensions are different)

My third jig is for getting the corners right for the arms. This also became my temporary workbench, placed on some sawhorses.

Nothing special, but not having to bend every other minute helps a lot.

Good luck, best, Kiezel

with the price of wood, those jigs are about $500 LOL

When welding the uprights to the arms slot some studding through the axle mounts to keep the two wheels in the same plane.

Nothing special, but not having to bend every other minute helps a lot.

Good luck, best, Kiezel
Hey I have that seat [ well 3 in fact ? ] Flevo seat ?

Good seat however it does need a Ventist pad , and for my back some lumbar support otherwise I can ride all day in it without problems :)

Paul

There is another warrior thread from Jon on here, he made a wood frame jig and if you look on the internet archive for this forum and look up posts from "spinner" he had jigs for almost every part. I copied several of his ideas when i built mine, he had one for the head tube alignment angles that was awesome.

I PMed Spinner about his thread and he couldn´t find it saying it might get deleted. Or hopefully it only got sent to the archive? How do I search for it?

That's how i found it, the way back machine, those links are perfect, take some time and look at his posts, pictures, and jigs. I never messaged him, i just found it and took all the info i could, i know i posted links in jons thread as well and i made a post about how i figured the front arm length also.

I used 3D prints and that worked better than I expected.
Printing took some time, but that was just waiting time. Don't have to do a lit yourself.
Thanks @Emiel, I saw you used a 3d printer in the story of your building progress. Interesting idea! Currently my 3d printer is at home in NL, but this is one more good reason to put another one in France ;)

I used 3D prints and that worked better than I expected.
Printing took some time, but that was just waiting time. Don't have to do a lit yourself.
I have a 3d printer. Just need to fugure out how to take an advantage off it. Would you mind sharing .stl files you´ve used?

There is a model on thingiverse that is designed to cut the arms where they tough the frame.
You can't use it everywhere, but some things work good in combination with a workbench.
Some prints only hold it with one weld, so I printed several as backup.

There are probably better ways to do it, but in my case, it worked fine.