What would happen if I built a Mosquito / Python hybrid trike ?

I assume you mean like this ?

Organic engines Triclops

Won't be a Python if you are sat in front of the pivot , so all bets off as to how ir will handle.

No sure what you think you will get from that configuration ?

In my limited experience [ my trike and a Flevo Trike [ briefly ]] it is extremely difficult to ride if your body is part of the mass doing the steering with leaning thrown in.

Prove me wrong , that is what this forum is all about.

Paul

Will that change this drawing then ?

Depends on where the pivot/tilt acts. Could look like this.
Too many unknown parameters, your mass, how much you would drift in the seat to off set c.of.g. Speed of trike. Radius/tightness of corner. But assumptions could be used and ranges used. Don't know if there are any other parameters to consider other than frame/trike dimensions. Forget wind direction!

Where did that formula come from?

Last edited:

Probably not helping, but I try.
Not read all the info on the site, seems like old stuff 2007.
Cool vid, like funky synth music too.

The Jetrike website concludes stating that he is moving on to Tadpole tilting trikes as they show better handling and tilting characteristics!

Conclusion
Although Jetrike MkII is a FWD tilting delta trike, I am switching to a tadpole configuration for my next design. The reason for this is that the forward CoG only provides a narrow tilt range with a small margin for error. Additionally when the trike is stationary it can only tilt a little bit before the trike tips over.

The Ideal Tilting Trike
By comparison, the tadpole configuration with a properly centered CoG provides excellent traction, turning and braking stability. It provides a larger tilting range, so you don't have to get the tilt angle exactly right, and it can also be tilted further while stationary without tipping over.

Last edited: